Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Dairy problem, or just how they are?

Go to That site has helped me more than I can say....and it really helped us figure out that DS #2 is sensitive to my consuming dairy (its the casien protien that's the problem). And remember that it can take 2-3 weeks to leave your system, so *if* that's the problem, be patient (I know, easier said than done, right????)

HUGS!!!!! Big congratulations for nursing twins--you rock!

Ladonna, AP mama to two sweet boys and one girl on the way!
Samuel (5), Gabriel (3), Jewell (due this month)
ISO: Newborn prefolds/covers
LadonnaKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
My Mood:

I am kind of glad to see this posted so I know it's not just me. Lilly is now 1 week 4 days old and going through the same thing. I am already lactose intolerant so my dairy intake is VERY limited already. I spoke with the doc and the lactation nurse and both said that when the baby is about 10 days old or so they hit their first growth spurt and get cranky and want to nurse nearly non stop. Apparently this must be what I am going through and I'm thinking it's probably what you are going through as well. Lilly just wants the boob all the darn time and I am starting to feel like a cow plus my nipples are so sore. I do switch and sometimes (not all the time) she prefers one side to the other but not always the same side. Very strange!! I hope everything is working out for you and I am glad that I am not alone withthe NB nursing issues.
Dawn, proud mama to Finn (11/23/10), Sully (2), Lilly J (4) Madison (8) and Alex (15). Head over heels in love with my hubby Jim
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Hey Dawn- I guess it gets better, LOL. Mine are 2wks4days now and they are super gassy a lot of the time - at least I think that's the problem. We had a scream-a-thon last night to see who could scream the loudest, LOL. I haven't bothered trying to cut out dairy first, as I'd like to wait it out and see if it's growing things, or milk, KWIM?
Eh, mine have issues with the positions I choose for them to nurse in. Unfortunately when I tandem it HAS to be football as I haven't wandered off into other positions by myself yet, and Nova hates the football hold, LOL. Lots of stuff to get used to anyway.
I think mine are taking turns going through growth spurts, so I guess it seems worse or like something should be wrong, KWIM? They also tend to either have "good" days or "good" nights. I either get dumped on during the day and can't do ANYTHING, or DH and I get it at night, LOL.
I hope it gets better for you!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #14
Registered Users

Kim. I remember those days well. My babies wouldn't latch at that age though due to prematurity and bottles in the NICU but I didn't leave my chair for about 3 months (until they latched on ) Even now it seems like if one isn't fussing the other is but it is much easier now. They are 2 different people and they want different things at different times so it takes some getting used to. I want to see pics!!!! Let me know if you need anything or want to talk!
Heidi - wife to John and SAHM to Andrew 9/4/96, Liz 12/4/98, Caleb 9/2/03, Aaron & Glory 10/20/05 and Madison 12/5/07 VBAC (born in the water!)
Sun City Babywearers co-leader
1bigfamily is offline   Reply With Quote