Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
silver
Registered Users
seller

Is she too young...

to space out her night-time feedings? She'll be four weeks old tomorrow, and usually nurses every hour to every three hours. Last night she slept for five hours straight, nursed, and then slept for four more. Is this okay? Should I wake her up every two or three hours still? I was so nervous about it I couldn't even sleep! I kept trying to wake her but she wouldn't nurse; she could hardly keep her eyes open.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
EmilyB
Registered Users

Re: Is she too young...

I think she is okay. Try to sleep if you can, but I know it is hard, always checking on her and such.

Just make sure she is eating every 2-3 hours during the day.

Keep up the good work!
EmilyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If SHE wants to sleep more, and is still acting normally, I'd say celebrate the sleep, lol! If she's been waking up on her own the 2-3 hours and is now switching then I wouldn't worry. I'd only worry if you had been waking her up yourself, as in she won't wake. She should be okay at that amount between by now, I'd think, as her tummy is geting bigger and can hold more. Oops, mine decided it's feeding time now, gotta go!
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!

Last edited by dragondance; 02-19-2008 at 07:06 PM.
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

i on demand feed dd and when she started sleeping through the night at about 4 weeks we accepted it because she would sleep 6-8 hours nurse and then sleep for several more but was up more during the day
jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My LO did that too. Celebrate the sleep bc if yours is like mine she'll start waking up more often in a week or two! I really enjoyed that while it lasted!
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, my dd did this too. At 4 weeks she started sleeping from about 10:00pm to 5:00am and I about died. My ds NEVER slept more than 2-3 hours until about 16 months and would still wake up about three times during the night. So, I thought something MUST be wrong with her. Unfortunately that phase ended at 4 months for her and didn't get better until we co-slept so mommy could get more sleep!
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #7
nacke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD does this on and off (I wish shed make up her mind ) I feed on demand, so if she wakes at 3 am, i feed her. Yesterday she slept till 7am

I wouldnt wake a sleeping baby unless there were growth issues that were a concern
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
silver
Registered Users
seller

Aw, mamas, now that you all made me feel better I was completely prepared to sleep peacefully last night, and she woke up every hour again!! Arrggh
Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #9
xois
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was told once my preemie reached 8 lbs, I could relax about the every 2/3 hours thing...
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it fine and also don't get used to it(sorry to be a hater but) sometimes babies sleep then go back to being up alot--but I hope your lo stays sleeping for ya