Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
Dreamer
Do Not FSOT with this user~ mediation in progress
seller

My Mood:
Wool Rash?

Ok, my baby has been using primarily wool wraps (Loveybums) since he was about 2 months old w/ NO problems. I've been washing every 6 weeks or so in Northern Essence wool wash and lanolanizing w/ Lansinoh breast cream stuff every time we wash (washing in between for poops w/ wool wash bars, etc)... everything has been going fine up until last weekend...

I bought some new Kozy's from the co-op, and some new wool wash (same stuff, from NE plus I ordered some lanolin balm from London Frogg...) washed all his woolies (mostly just all his Kozy's & a luxe and his LB wraps)... I put him in one of his new wool soakers after it had been lanolanized & dried, but not yet washed thinking it would be fine... Well, he broke out in a rash, almost immediately and now every piece of wool I put on him, that touches his belly or thighs, irritates this horrible rash!!!!! I have since washed all his woolies, and now I think maybe it's the wool wash causing it too? The only thing he's NOT having problems with (that I can tell) is the Loveybums Wool Wraps, because they don't really touch any skin...

He looks TERRIBLE right now, and I don't know what to do?!?! Anybody got any suggestions, or anything I can do to help him? Please?!

Alayna

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
Dreamer
Do Not FSOT with this user~ mediation in progress
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Rash?

OK, I think it may be the lanolin... after reading some posts about "wool allergy" I think it may actually be that london frogg lanolin balm as that's about the only thing we have changed about our routine... anyone know how to get the lanolin OUT of the soakers????

Alayna
Old 02-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
mamaejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool Rash?

I *think* if you wash wool with something like Woolite it will strip the lanolin out of wool. You can wash interlock in the washing machine with regular detergent and it won't ruin it(trust me, I know this! ). That will also strip the lanolin out of it. Then you can re-wash/lanolize with your wool wash. Also, Kozy's are supposed to be able to be machine washed because of the wool they use. It should not felt at all.

Last edited by mamaejb; 02-21-2008 at 07:44 AM.
mamaejb is offline   Reply With Quote