Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.
Angry Figured out our recent stink issue...

I havn't been feeling well lately and have been a little depressed and have let dh do the diaper laundrey (I did not save it for him, he just did it). Well today, he put the dipes in before he went to work and I would go down and put them in the drier. I went down when they were done, full of bubbles. I washed them again, with vinegar. Lots of bubbles. I am now on the thrird wash and getting very close to running out of cloth. I just heard the washer stop. Please say a prayer for dh that there are no bubbles in there!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Figured out our recent stink issue...

Men! Dh tried to help me yesterday and when I went to throw them in the dryer I found a wool cover in the wash. Thank god it didnt make it to the dryer. Now I just have to re-lanolize it.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
2sweetboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH is afraid of diaper laundry here! I think mostly because he is afraid he will do something wrong and will suffer the rath of Mama!! He knows how much CDing means to me and wants to keep me happy.....therefore he doesn't wash diapers! lol He will change them, help fold them, but NO WASHING!!! Let's just hope I don't get sick enough to not be able to do it.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

I know he is just trying to help so I will be really nice when correcting this behaviour, but there was still bubbles in there, so we go to wash number 4. Water is really expensive where I live, that is the only real bummer about this. I do appreciate his help, and don't want to scare him off completely. (dh has washed one of my wool covers before too) I caught it before the drier too, but since he washed it on warm, their was some minor shrinkage.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we wash on hot, but it looks good to go still. I told him last nite that I really appreciated his help but wool doesnt get washed. I hand wash it all..lol. I have to show him how to do it b/c the birth of our third child is coming which will mean 2 in cd's and our washer and dryer are downstairs. Im having a csection so stairs will be out of my day for awhile..lol
Old 05-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
DH is afraid of diaper laundry here! I think mostly because he is afraid he will do something wrong and will suffer the rath of Mama!!
SO true here too! I have heard that washing each dipe i the sink can get the detergent out faster & then wash again in the washer.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Melissa
Banned
seller

Ahhh! My dh refuses to do diaper laundry. He doesnt mind changing them or that we use them, but says it was my idea so I get to wassh them. I am sure if I was too sick though he'd do it. Maybe take the hemp stuff and any prefolds out and boil it? The rest of them should come pretty clean fairly quick if the soap grabbers arent in there.
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

I did a quick wash for the 4th wash (cause I was running out of cloth). Changed the wash from hot/cold to warm/warm and no bubbles! They are in the drier now.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #9
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

YEA!!! i'm so glad that you were able to get bubbles out in time! we haven't started yet, (waiting on baby first!) but i would be very frustrated myself. my dh steers pretty clear of laundry in the first place b/c i am so finicky about how ALL of it gets washed. he'll do it if i'm sick or have just been too busy or tired and i just suck it up then and hope nothing shrinks or anything lol. dh's we gotta love them!
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote