Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Monkeylunchkin
Registered Users
seller

Having issues with my new Preston's Pants

OK, so I followed the manufacturer's instructions and machine dried them on warm for 15 mins or so. They have been washed maybe 4 times now on hot in Tide Free and I'm still having serious leg leakage/wicking problems.

Could it be the fit? Or is it more likely to be the inserts? (I'm using a folded 16in MF towel and it is getting wet, but I use the same ones in my Swaddlebees without a problem) I have tried other inserts, but every time I use these PP's the first pee leaks right out.

Please help - I'm on the verge of giving up and selling them

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Having issues with my new Preston's Pants

Well, if you sell them, please let me know, lol.

I use either a duckybuns or a hemp prefold as stuffers and am not having any problems. I don't use Tide Free though - I thought that was a no no like All F&C?

See if it's a repelling issue before a stuffing issue - if you "spray" water onto the diaper with an eyedropper, does it roll off or immediately soak in?
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Monkeylunchkin
Registered Users
seller

Hmmm, water does soak in, but it takes maybe half a second before it does. The fleece is much thicker and fluffier than in FB's so maybe it's just that my toddler wets such a big volume at a time that it gets out of the leg holes before it has time to soak into the insert.

According to pinstripes and polkadots, Tide Free is only a no no because of the enzymes and possible skin sensitivities, so in theory it should still work.

(If I do decide to sell, it's a large, yellow with blue snaps, unembroidered one )
Old 09-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #4
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

add me to the list if you decide to sell!

maybe you should try a different insert? what position is your son in when the diaper leaks? maybe you could try tightening the leg snaps a little.
sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
juniper29
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Does your insert cover inside the opening from side to side? I usually buy two different widths of inserts - wider ones for my prestons', starbunz and fuzzi fannies, and narrower ones for my GADs and my Dimple cheeks :-) The insert should fill the pocket from side to side, or you'll get wicking. HTH!
juniper29 is offline   Reply With Quote