Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Business clothes that fits while nursing

So... I am having a very hard time finding clothes to wear for work. Apparently I am not dressing professional enough. I just got a talking to about not looking client presentable so I need to find suits that fits a larger than average chest.
I normally wear a 10 or 12 but because of BF I can't close any of my suits. Buying a size up makes me look poorly put together because the rest of hte suit is too bulky.

Any recommendations for business wear?

Living happily everafter with DH (2/6/04) and DS (4/12/07) New addition expected August 09
pernillep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Business clothes that fits while nursing

Can you buy the next size up in jackets and have them altered? That's probably the best way to go.
txmom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Business clothes that fits while nursing

I've always been very busty, even when not nursing, so I feel you here. I always had good luck with twinsets...a nice cardigan over a matching sleeveless sweater. Knits are generally more forgiving because they stretch. Just don't buy them too tight or you might look a little bit trashy. You can also do nice fitted blouses with some spandex in the material. Just make sure the buttons don't gap across your bustline. This kinda of stuff was considered "formal" enough for my job at the bank, which was a pretty conservative place to work. If you're an attorney or something where you must wear a suit every day, you're just going to have to bite the bullet and have your jackets custom tailored.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote