Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
eduprey85
Registered Users
seller

I think I need a How To book!!!

I'm STILL waiting on my FB's from when I ordered them before the price jump. Come to find out 3 of the FB's I ordered are on back order so I'm supposed to be receiving 9 of the 12. So here I wait, but I want to be ready for them...I feel silly but I want to make sure I do it right so I'm not constantly stripping or having smelly dipes!! (although from what I'm reading sometimes it's hard to avoid even when being careful)

WASHING: So, when I get them, how do I wash them before using?? ALSO, I'm not sure what I can wash them with that I can buy from the store. I understand Tide is safe, but it's Tide "Free" correct? I was going to buy some but I want to clarify! What are my other options??? BTW I have a front loader and I'm nervous about CDing with all the Front-loader issues. Should I wash them with the inserts?!

PREFOLDS: How are they sized? ALSO even though they're fairly thin, I know you fold them, but is one enough (aside from at night)?! Do I need a snappi or pins under a cover, and what covers work the best?!

NIGHT TIME: What are the best dipes or ways to avoid leaks? DS is a HEAVY wetter at night. In fact just about a week ago his sposie overflowed and was wet up the front of his onesie, ew...So how can I avoid that with the cloth dipes?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement

eduprey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:35 AM   #2
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think I need a How To book!!!

Check out this link for what you can use with pocket diapers.
http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.co...entchoices.htm

At night I use a trifold hemp insert wrapped in a microfiber towel and then stuffed in a FB. That is the only thing that will work and she can sleep 10-12 hours in it without leaks. She is a heavywetter at night IMO.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote