Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:
Re: How kool! Mainstream mentions cloth diapers!(MSN)

We figured that we spent $3000 on sposies for my oldest (we used Huggies). And don't forget that even when kids are potty trained during the day they can still wet at night for years. Especially boys. My 5 year old nephew is still in a Pull up at night, and those are really expensive!

I think they meant that wipes are $100 a year, not a month. I can see that being about right, since they're about $7-10 a month.

Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #12
Yarn Snob
My Mood:

Originally Posted by myajdw
okay so i read the article! i think that maybe there was a typo, or it just wasn't written well. possibly they meant that between the diapers and wipes it could add $100?
I think so too... We would spend about $25 a week on diapers/wipes for DS when he was in sposies.. so that did add just about $100/month to our grocery bill. We used huggies supreme and usually went through almost two jumbo packs a week.
Sarah photographer mom to Seth (7), Kaia (3), and my lucky little Odin born 7/7/07!
EasterBunz is now part of Tiny Lady Cooperative!
{my crafty blog} {my photo blog} {my flickr}
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
Registered Users

Yes, WAY off on the wipes cost.

Their remarks about breastfeeding kind of irked me. "Yeah, you can save money on formula, but then you have to buy all this other stuff to successfully breastfeed!"lleyes2:

Yeah, like the minimal cost of a nice nursing bra, some lanolin cream and a Boppy really amounts to much compared to the money you'd spend on formula!
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

they do realize most of the 'essential' stuff isnt all that essential, right? lol!!

and my son was in sposies until 3 months, 6 weeks full time, he went through 18 supreme huggies a day, and that was not changing him every time he mom went and bought the giant packs, and tried pampers and regular huggies big packs, that was a giant waste, and so was buying little packs of everything else you can buy there cause none fit him right, and they ended up leaking he went through MORE than that a day!! my mom thought it was cause i liked pooh...umm...not really, though i do like pooh, lol. so he HAD to have huggies supreme, and theyre like..the most expensivereadily available ones!

and id hate to have to buy pull ups, theyre 62ish for 23.00 on sale umm..somewhere the other day... i was like ...holy crap!!

i dont even want to try to add that all up, the giant packs are somewhere around 30.00 i think, and he went through one and a half a week or so.... ugh!
Mindy, mommy to a very adorablelittle guy! , my UC'd baby boy!& my brand new UC'd baby GIRL
I love my babies!
Need money?
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote