Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Users
VAXing questions...

Hi all,
We fully vaxed our 2 1/2 yr old but this time around we are learning alot more (mainly to not believe everything docs tell you). We have a 6 1/2 week old son and are interested in Delayed vaxing. I have read up a little, but dont' have tons of time to search around for everything. I am interested in seeing different delayed schedules and some links to websites that talk about why to delay or not vax and why. Preferably DH friendly (ie easy to understand). Our son got his first vax in the hospital, not sure if DH consented as they had to take him out of the room and DH went with him and that's when he got it. His next appointment is in a couple weeks and really want to make an educated decision about the vax's they will want to give him then. We are military so I expect a good amount of resistance from the docs if we decide to delay.
Another question I have is that since we are military and around people from all over the world are there certain vax's I should get for him, as he may be exposed to more stuff than a reg. civilian family would. Also dad will be going to Guam and pos. a few other places this summer and not sure if there is something he could bring back that we may want to have the vax's for. (I just think I remember reading on some of the delayed sites that if you plan on traveling (out of the us) that you may want to actually get certain vax's).

Thanks so much ahead of time! I just want to make the right decision for our family.

Jessica - SAHM to Ethan, Aug. 2005 and Dylan Jan. 2008 Expecting #3 March 2011.
Married to the Love of my Life Keven since Jan. 6 2004 Proud AF Wife
jesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: VAXing questions...
this is a great site. I will see what else I have around. Also mothering has a great forum with lots archived and stickied HTH
Mom of DD, 13 years and DS 6 years!
Kiddoson is offline   Reply With Quote