Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #11
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:
Re: I went to Parents' Night at DD's school...

I had almost forgotten about posting this. Actually I thought I had come across as a total weirdo since no one had replied..

I was uninformed about carseat safety, too, but after I learned the facts I wanted to do what was best for my kids. Most of the parents who asked questions seemed sincerely interested, but these few really just made me want to I mean, it was like they were wanting to manipulate the officer to tell them, "sure, it's perfectly fine for you to do that," when he wasn't going to. There was another mother who kept asking the "can the kids ride in front?" question over and over... "if I have 4 kids and can only fit 3 seats in the back, can one sit up front?" "what if I am in a standard cab truck and have 3 kids, do they have to use carseats?" etc.etc. Finally the policeman told her, "I don't know that there's any recommendation I can make in that situation. I can't tell you what you want to hear." because she kept on and on and on... I know this mother personally, and I'm sure she regards her knowledge of carseat safety far superior to his, so...

Advertisement

Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi!
This doesn't surprise me at all sadly. I live in a pretty nice area and people can afford to buy nice seats for their little ones, but I still have neighbors who think it's "cool" to let their 4 and 6 year old girls ride in the front seat of their vans without seat belts. It makes me CRAZY!!!! Needless to say, our daughter doesn't hang out with these girls.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to have to purchase a Marathon for my not so little man! The gentle giant is what we now call him. He's huge and not even three! LOL

So do you like your daughter's school? William will be going next year. Hard to believe!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJane View Post
Hi!
This doesn't surprise me at all sadly. I live in a pretty nice area and people can afford to buy nice seats for their little ones, but I still have neighbors who think it's "cool" to let their 4 and 6 year old girls ride in the front seat of their vans without seat belts. It makes me CRAZY!!!! Needless to say, our daughter doesn't hang out with these girls.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to have to purchase a Marathon for my not so little man! The gentle giant is what we now call him. He's huge and not even three! LOL

So do you like your daughter's school? William will be going next year. Hard to believe!
Hi! I just now remembered this thread! LOL! So you're getting ready to buy a Marathon? We ours. We have the Cowmooflage and DS loves it. It really hides stains/food well.

We like our school pretty well. It's a public school with a pre-k program. We really like it so far. Thankfully the city school she goes to is pretty well funded, so they have lots of amenities that some of the other schools in the county system don't have. Plus I know at least one of the teachers per grade for several grades in a row, so I can choose teachers. The only disheartening thing is that a lot of the kids who go there are from poorer areas of town so, despite the fact that the school is so well-funded, many of the kids still have a lot of needs that the school can't take care of. Over half the students are on free or reduced lunches. But I'm glad they have that option. We love her school so much, though, that after we move to our new house this spring we'll keep her there despite the 25 minute drive each morning & afternoon.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here

Last edited by rebeccah5; 02-26-2008 at 07:32 PM.
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote