Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
28 week appt (and SO excited!)

So I have been waffling for awhile about homebirth etc.

Well today I had my midwife appointment (they deliver at the hospital) and I asked how long I *have* to stay at the hospital after birth...they told me if I can get the pedi to sign off on it they only *require* that you stay 4-6 hours after birth!!!!!! I was *so* excited to hear that! You have no idea!

Also they don't do routine cervical checks (yay!) AND I got another u/s scheduled (don't know exactly when yet) around 32 weeks so I can get a look at fluid levels and double check that its still a girl.

I have gained 6 pounds this time...its a lot but still WAY less than the 12 I gained last month! I was told pecid AC is fine to take for heartburn so maybe I can get back to my water instead of so much juice (which equals extra fat).

Heartbeat sounded great. They tried to tell me how she was laying but I didn't really pay much attention because she bounces around so much and is still transverse a good portion of the time.

I am just THRILLED right now! Yay!

Mama to Mr. A June 2006, Miss I May 2008
All done with cloth Both my little ones use the potty now
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 28 week appt (and SO excited!)

I was so relieved to get the smae answer from my hospital midwife too. I so had my heart set on a hb this time, and we just can't afford it. But knowing I can go home quickly after the birth makes it all good
b wandering with S (since 6/01)
Joyful mama to 3 girls P (3/03), C (5/06) and R (6/08) plus little man B (12/11)
** Swagbucks **
karmamama is offline   Reply With Quote