Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Is this normal?????? Regarding Fevers

My 2 year old keeps getting on and off again fevers...I took her to the doctor yesterday and they did some blood work. Her white blood cell count was perfect but the one to do with virus/bacteria was off (I think its call lymphocytes or something). She really has no other symptoms of infection. They even did a urine check and that was perfect. What could be going on? Should I be worried?

Advertisement

Last edited by ashleynjacy; 02-29-2008 at 10:24 AM.
ashleynjacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this normal?????? Regarding Fevers

anyone? This has been on and off for at least 3 weeks...
Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
onlygirl
Banned

My Mood:

if her white blood cell count is good, then i would think her little body is just having trouble fighting off a virus or she keeps getting infected with new stuff. i wouldnt worry too much right now. her blood cell count should mean no cancers or horrid things like that. one of my kids was kinda like that and he just got sick easier.
onlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first thought was UTI, but not if they checked the urine.... EXCEPT -- a DS mama recently said the dr ruled out UTIs and then a week later said it was one. I'd track fever and behaviors and keep checking with your doctor if it continues. Hugs -- It's frustrating when you don't know what's wrong!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
journey
Banned
seller

When dd was about a year old she would get fevers of 104 every other week. Constantly getting sick, they at one point put her on a nebulizer because she started having breathing problems. They just kept dousing her with antibiotics but nothing worked. She started failing to thrive, they sent me 3 hours away to a Gastroenterologist. We finally hit the last straw when they wanted to stick a camera in her tummy. I never went back and found a homeopathic doctor for her.

The outcome: When she was born she was induced a week early, she wasn't a preemie, the placenta just never fully attached to my uterus and she didn't get enough nutrition so she was about 4lbs 6oz. I was told she would stay in the normal maternity ward with me, but because she had low blood sugar they assumed she had an infection, rushed her to the NICU and pumped her full of antibiotics. They found out she didn't have an infection but once they start the round they have to wean the babies off over the course of a week. Our homeopathic doctor said this early introduction to antibiotics wiped out any immunity she could have developed early on. He immediately advised we stop any and all antibiotics. Then he found out she wasn't properly digesting foods like milk, etc. and it was causing inflammation in her digestive tract which wasn't allowing her to absorb nutrients. He put her on digestive enzymes and we switched her to rice milk. Within a week or so she was dramatically better and within six months she was completely healthy and we were able to take her off the enzymes. About a year later we took her off of rice milk and she was able to digest cow's milk. Now she's almost 6 and hardly ever gets sick, has a huge appetite and is growing right on track.

I'd look into possible food allergies or maybe find a homeopathic dr. in your area.

Also with dd they did a whole spew of tests thinking she had an infection somewhere and they came back negative. The Ped actually treated me like one of those moms that make up illnesses in their children.

Last edited by journey; 02-29-2008 at 02:10 PM.
journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could she be cutting molars?