Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
How do you tell??? Daycare mamas?

I currently provide childcare to 1 family who has 2 kids. During the day I have my 3:00 children plus her 2 (2 yr old and 4 month old) and then my oldest comes home at 3 with a neighbor boy that I care for until his parents come home.

I don't provide childcare because we need the income. I started doing it so that my kids would have some playmates. We were new to the area and didn't know anyone and I wanted my kids to have some friends.

Well some of you may remember my previous post that my 2 yr old and her 2 yr old do not get along. I have watched him for over a year and he was just plain used to being any only child so sharing is not in his vocab. Well I feel like I have to constantly be watching this kid otherwise him and my ds will fight and my ds ends up getting in trouble.

Here is my questions.. Should I just stop doing childcare? I mean it is an extra $1000 a month, but I am not sure if it is worth all the aggravation? Plus I watch them like 55 hours a week, which leaves me homebound and unable to do anything all week long. If I stop watching them how do I tell the parents?

Advertisement

Last edited by Leininger27; 09-12-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: How do you tell???

Have you tried talking w/ the parents about their childs behavior. Sorry I haven't seen your previous threads. If you have thenhave you kind of warned them that the situation isn't working for you. If you have not spoke w/ them about it I definately would. And I would really talk w/ them about the lenght of time their child is w/ you. That is alot. Sorry I don't have much experience, but I would definately have a chat w/ them.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I have talked with the parents about his biting, not sharing, and tantrums, but they kind of laugh it of or she will "daddy's gonna have to have a talk with you tonite ds." They don't have any discipline with this child what so ever so he doesn't listen to what anyone says!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
Carrie
Registered Users

What about giving them a month's notice to find a new childcare situation. I could NOT do what you do! If you are O.K. with making less money maybe you could find a part-time daycare child.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:25 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you tell??? Daycare mamas?

i wouldnt stop all together, maybe just tell that family you cant watch their ds if he cant behave at your home and share, not bite, etc...either they'll shape him up or find someone who can/will deal with it.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I provided home childcare for about five years before I had my son...

I have decided to not do childcare while I raise my children (even though the income would help) because I want to be able to go to activities or just to lunch... & I don't want to have to deal with silly parents (they were my biggest trouble) or any of that, while I enjoy my son, whom I have waited all these years to enjoy!!

When friends of mine talk about getting in to home childcare for extra money or a friend for thier child, I always just tell them to be ready to stop if it doesn't work out! It's not worth looking back on these special years with our babies/children & remembering all these crazy childcare nightmares!!

Aside from that, I did find that the children I cared for got used to the way I did things... They learned quickly to not play the games with me that they played with thier parents! Although I never had any children in my childcare that bit or hit (aside from the one year old phases)...

Hope you are able to figure out what's best for your family soon! You may want to look into playgroups for get togethers... you could even host they at your house & have other kids (& thier moms) come over to play! A friend here in our area started a yahoo moms group & the stay at home mamas came out of the woodwork, even quite a few ap & cloth diapering mama!!
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I have a small home daycare in my home. I do it because we NEED the money, it is this or go out and work and I can't stand to leave my little guy. I am only doing this until we no longer need the income. If you can go without it then I would for sure. It does limit what you can do and takes away time with your kiddos for sure.
Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote