Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #21
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: How is your DH/DP/bf with CD?

I don't think my dh cares either way. He just always goes along with whatever I want for the kids since I'm their primary caretaker, and I do the wash. He changes cloth, but he doesn't rinse out the poopy ones because he doesn't want to mess it up. He did put Mutts on inside out a few times, but they are fitteds so it doesn't matter. Other than that, he is reasonably intelligent and seems to know how to snap snaps and hook velcro

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 AM   #22
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

the first time i mentioned cloth (which was about two years before we had ds3 lol) i just told him flat out "with the next baby i want to use cloth diapers" his first reaction was "you have fun with that" lol. then he just kinda dealt w/it when i started buying them after we found out i was pg. i started to show him all the cool stuff and he wasn't as sarcastic. then when i found DS and he figured out that you can resell them he was all for it! he does change ds too. last time was the first time he used a fitted that had two snaps to snap (a pw in fact lol) and he didn't snap the inside ones (but i didn't say anything so as not to discourage him lol) and he forgot the cover, which i realized immediately but again wasn't going to say anything. he noticed it first and was just looking like he was beating himself up over it. i just said "its not a huge deal, i'll put it on when he's done nursing". lol, poor guy. but all in all i think he secretly enjoys it as much as i do!!!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #23
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

DH is fine with it. I just make sure all pockets are stuffed, AI2's are all snapped, etc. I'm home more than he and I do the laundry. He's fine. He even made a diaper sprayer!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #24
juliemom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh is fine with ME using them. When we first talked about using cloth he was for and was actually the one to make the decision to use them. I was all for it too, but a little scared. Now dh has yet to change a dipe (dd is 10 months). I don't really care though. I never really need him too. I am home and I rarely leave dd. If I do leave her it is for like an hour or so. I guess diaper duty is just something I'm cool with. Plus, I'd be like 50 times faster than him anyways!

Julie

PM for Ebay and old DS feedback
juliemom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #25
katiedidbug
Registered Users

My Mood:

With our baby coming soon, we've been building up our stash. My husband is very supportive thus far. We got some prefolds and Bummis in the mail recently, and he immediately wanted me to show him how to use them. It was really cute watching him try them out. Next, I'm sure he'll be trying them out on the chihuahua ...
Old 09-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #26
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

My dh was thinking it was just my latest obsession (I have a new one each month ) but went along with it. It's turned out to be great for both of us. He doesn't have to pay for sposies, and I love all cd's! In the beginning, I used hh's and kept them prestuffed so that if he changed a dipe, it was just like using sposies except, you didn't throw it away. Once he got used to the idea, I switched to fitteds and wool. He went along with that too. Now I'm in love with prefolds w/covers, and fuzzi bunz. I use the pf's all day, but dh uses the fb's whenever he changes Logan, as do the Grandmas. Although, my mom used cloth on us, and is going to used the pf's tonight so she can try out a snappi!
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #27
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

In the beginning, when dh changed dipes, he'd take the cloth off and put a disposable on (we always had a pack on hand.) Now that we don't keep disposables around, of course he just uses cloth. I leave him prestuffed pockets and everything is hunky dory!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

My dh doesn't do diaper changing anymore (it doesn't bother me) so he's pretty indifferent. He hasn't really said much about it but I did ask him recently what he thinks of them and he said "they're ok."

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #29
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dh is fine with me using cloth on the baby. he knows i like it and he knows its better all around. that said....he only changes our dd if i'm not available which it isn't too often than i'm not home. if he is home with her its usually just so i run to the store or the Y or something....i leave prestuffed HH pockets for him to use. He leaves snaps on too loose...oneday i came home to my dd with a FB barely haning on to her skinny butt! Another day i came home and he had put an orange prestuffed HH pocket on her and a pink and white pullup wool soaker over it he said he thought thats what she was supposed to wear ! I've since told him to NOT pay attention to what i use on her and he is to only use the dipes with the velcro (HHs). I think he'd be okay if i left him fitteds with covers or a pf that was to be trifolded in a cover (i doubt he could snappi ) but its the different things that confuse him since he rarely changes the dipes....so i make sure to have a stack of the prestuffed HHs ready for him When we first started CDing all i used was pfs and a handful of fitteds from ebay and covers. I always left the fitteds for him and he knew he had to put a cover over it....cause that was all we had. At that time i thought pockets were WAY overpriced and how in the world did mamas afford to diaper their babys in POCKETS!?!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #30
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

My boyfriend loves cloth. At first he thought I was nuts, and didn't take it seriously. Now he OFFERS to change diapers. It used to be I'd have to pester him about it, but now he has fun picking out a diaper and a cover (if needed.) He can even use a prefold and snappi.

I converted him by buying a few diapers with skulls & animal prints & other things he thinks are cool. He brags to his coworkers with babies of their own about DS's diapers, and tries to talk them into using it themselves. He even made a comment to me the other day about "feeling sorry for babies in disposables"

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote