Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 AM   #1
Registered Users
B-day party for a 3-year old

So I was thinking of throwing my soon to be 3 yo a b-day party the 4th of Nov. He will turn 3 that day. I want to invite his friends which would be the kids from preschool - he's never actually had any friends until going to preschool. Problem is I have to invite all of them if I do that. I doubt that all 15 of them would come, but if they did I might be overwhelmed. He doesn't play with any of them outside of school... so I sort of thought that this party would have another benifit - me getting to meet a couple moms!

Any suggestions for planning a toddler party? Any experience out there? Do I need to put in the invites that moms should plan on staying?

Once... And Again Fabric | Vintage | Secondhand
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: B-day party for a 3-year old

Kids at this age are pretty easy to please at a party. Most Mom's do stay around-especially if they don't know you! But you can put on that a parent needs to stay. It can also be helpful to offer to let siblings attend as long as they RSVP because that can be difficult for parents to stay if they have other kids to take care of.
We are very fortunate and have a HUGE fenced in yard, so playtime is easy at our house. If I didn't have a secure yard I would defiantely pay to have a party somewhere-ChuckECheese, renting a park pavilion, bowling, skating rink, etc. It looks like a lot of $$, but I have ALWAYS spent at least that amount for a home party---usually more and we are frugal! Between food, drinks, decorations, party supplies, treat bags, pizza place etc it adds up FAST. Plus the stress of cleaning the house before and after.

Now, if you only have one, it might not be that big of a deal for you.

Have fun!
sharebear2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
Registered Users

With DD1, we did her 3rd or 4th party at Mr. Gatti's (which is like Chuck E. Cheese's) and invited her pre-school class.

They ALL showed up, but because most moms stay for the parties at that age and I did not have to clean up, it went really, really well!
Lucky Mama to 5
old DS feedback
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Registered Users

For my son's second birthday party I invited some cousins and his daycare friends to the Fun Factory, which is like a indoor playground. They played for a couple of hours and then we went back to our house for cake and lunch. My cousin did the same for her DD but she got a party room for cake and it was so nice.

DS didn't know anyone here for a kids party last year but he'll be in playschool this year and I am thinking of having a pool party which comes with a party room. My MIL and SIL both work at the pool and my DH works in the building so we get a discounted rate.
Melinda ~Mama Extraordinaire to~
Kye (5), Abigail, Kyrra and Gwendylan (2) and Ainsley (19/12/2007)
mom_of_3g_1b is offline   Reply With Quote