Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #101
ArtHistoryChick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Adopt a Newbie!!!!

I would love to be a Big Sister Do I qualify?

I have been cloth diapering for over 9 months now. But I have known and l been learning about cloth diapers for close to 2 years now. I have tried and owned: AIO's, Fitteds, Pockets, AI2's, Pocket Fitteds, Prefolds both cotton and organic bambo velour, Both sized diapers and one size, PUL covers, wool covers(pull up style in both soakers and longies). I use snappis but will hope to learn and start using pins as well.

I'm a SAHM to my DD and hopt to start TTC for baby #2 next year. So I plan to use CD's with the next baby as well. I would love to help a newbie out because cloth diapering and DS can both be overwhelming at first until you learn what works for you and your way around here and become hooked to both

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #102
fallon
Black Sheep Boutique
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteiner18 View Post
newbie here.....
i am angel...
i just started cd about a month and a half ago.... scarlette is almost 10 months old. we use mostly fitteds, but we have a hobglob of stuff.... i still have no clue what is going on... and would love a big sis
pming you mama
fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #103
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

BIG SISTER AVAILABLE

I have been CDing for 4 1/2 years and tried a TON of diapers. I started with DS (now 4 1/2) at birth, and also CDed a preemie DD (now 2)

PM me!
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #104
bebeboy106
Registered Users

Hi...newbie here. My name is Carrie and I'm due early May with my second son. My DS1 is 25 months old and was a sposie baby. I'm trying to get him over to cloth, but he's being a stubborn two-year-old and not liking it.

I have purchased what I hope will be a good part of my stash, but don't think I'm quite "there" yet. Would love a big sis to help me out!
bebeboy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #105
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BIG SISTER AVAILABLE for 3

Lil sister #1 Joshsmomma
Lil sis #2
Lil sis #3

I am Kate 33 y.o. mommy to my 2 year old DD Janaya. We have CD'd parttime off an on from 6 months. I work full time out of the home and also crochet soakers /shorties/longies. I have used fitteds, AIOs/AI2s, Pockets wool and other covers. Prefolds are the only thing we have never used. But I am aware of the resources and can help find the threads showing how to fold etc. Currently we are doing mostly pockets. I have a top load washer.

Last edited by Mommyk8; 03-08-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #106
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajen74 View Post
Trying to soak up as much info as I can while waiting for the funds to get started. I would LOVE to be adopted! TIA!!
If you want to talk pm me! I'd be happy to try to help

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #107
A&BMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a big sis!

My name is Heather, and I am a SAHM (former teacher) to a 2.5 year old DS and a 7 month DD, both who wear cloth. DS only wears pockets, while DD wears pockets and fitteds. I BF DS until he was nearly 2 (he self weaned when I was 5 months pregnant with DD) and exclusively BF DD. I'm a babywearing, cloth-diapering, often co-sleeping, semi-crunchy, make-my-own-cleaning-products, avoid-chemicals-as-much-as-possible, doula-in-training, lactation-consultant-wannabe, knitting fool mama.

But I may not be as "high needs" as other mamas. I've been doing this since late November/early December part time, full time since late December (used Christmas money for initial investment!) and generally only have a few ?s. I started with pockets (BG OS, FB) but I've metriculated into the world of WAHMs, and now use fitteds and wool. I wanted beautiful longies but didn't think I could afford it, so I taught myself to knit 2 months ago, and now have a few! We now use BG OS and Happy Heiney OS for DS, and FB, BG OS, Thirsties FF, GMs, Mutt (1), and a few WAHM dipes for DD.

I'm a research hound, so I have some questions occasionally, but not often as I usually find things out through reading what others have to say before I need to ask. I often answer questions because I feel like i have a lot to offer more newbie folks than myself. So.......What I am looking for in a Big Sis is someone to get to know me and vouch for me when i start to sell. I have been a buyer a few times, but never a seller. As I am starting to feel the GM love, I want to be able to sell some of those pockets to fund the growing addiction (I only have 2 GMs). I know how people around here (understandably) feel about only buying from people they know, or only selling to people they know (while I have had wonderful people sell to me, and others that responded to my pms even though they didn't eventually sell to me, I have also been completely ignored when I know I was the first or second to respond sometimes. I'm sure this is because of my lack of feedback.)

I also ~~neeeeeed~~ someone who understands my growing addiction to GMs! not hard to come by, I'm sure

so i may be a good "second" newbie for someone, as I don't have *that* many questions most of the time.

THanks, and this is a great idea!!!!!!!

***ETA - I am in SE Texas. man, my post was long......sorry!

Last edited by A&BMama; 03-08-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: change status...
A&BMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #108
joshsmomma
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

NEWBIE NEEDS ADOPTED!!!! I've been adopted by mommyk8!!!

I'm so very new to cd'ing, it's not even funny! I'm Laura, in Columbus, Ohio, momma to 17 month old Josh and we are just now entering the wonderful world of cloth! I just recently found this site (like 2 days ago, literally!) and have already bought some AIO's, covers, fitteds and a pocket! I have yet to put cloth to my baby's bum, but am so excited to start!!! Any advice, help, direction would be greatly appreciated and I know that I'll have a TON more questions as we go!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by joshsmomma; 03-08-2008 at 06:49 PM.
joshsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #109
MelissaNCgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BIG SISTER AVAILABLE!!!

I'm Melissa, 35 yr old SAHM to DS who is 10 months old. We've been CDing since birth. I have a stash of nice PF's, flats, fitteds, pockets, AIO's, PUL covers, fleece covers, and wool. I've tried lots of different things, but I'm very happy with my stash right now. I'm not the most experienced, but I feel I could probably offer a bit of help to someone new. I have a FL/HE washer, but I have done diaper laundry with a TL too (first 2-3 months of the CDing career). We've done the EBF poo diapering and now we're into solid foods and all the stuff that goes along with that (I'm loving my sprayer). I'm in NC and hubby is totally on board with all this fluffy addiction stuff. He's not super competent with all the different types, but he doesn't complain about the money I spend. Whew!

Would love to help out if I can. I saw a mama named Tonia post earlier, she lives in NC too, but I can't find her post anymore. Anyway, Tonia, feel free to PM me if you still need a big sis. And I can probably handle more than 1 little sis too.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #110
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmomma View Post
NEWBIE NEEDS ADOPTED!!!!

I'm so very new to cd'ing, it's not even funny! I'm Laura, in Columbus, Ohio, momma to 17 month old Josh and we are just now entering the wonderful world of cloth! I just recently found this site (like 2 days ago, literally!) and have already bought some AIO's, covers, fitteds and a pocket! I have yet to put cloth to my baby's bum, but am so excited to start!!! Any advice, help, direction would be greatly appreciated and I know that I'll have a TON more questions as we go!!!!!!!!!!

Adopted by mommyk8!