Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2006, 12:39 PM   #21
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: So is it REALLY bad that...[edit at top]

I don't think you are neglectful at all. The only reason I could see taking your child in occasionally is so they are not afraid if you have to take them in for an illness, otherwise what is the point. I take my kids to well child checks but all the do at first is weigh and measure them, listen to their heart and mess w/ their joints to make sure they move properly. I have a friend whose DD was diagnosed w/ a heart murmor at a well baby check, but otherwise they seem pointless. I take my kids because our ins is great and we don't have any co-pay so there really is no excuse for me not too. But I think everyone has to do what they feel is right and if you feel there is no need for the appts then don't bother.

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #22
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

My kids haven't been to see a doc (aside from a naturopath just for suppliment testing) since about March, and that was for our 7 year old. Nate was 18 months old so it's been close to a year since he went. Keegan hasn't been since he was 3 and he's over 4 now. Our kids have never been this healthy before and we have decided to never vax again.

Oh, we also found a natural doc who won't push vax's and knows what natural remedies to use too so I am soooooooooo totally excited to take a new baby there and our whole family
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #23
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had fully intended not to take our children to well checks before DS was born. Unfortunately, he ended up FTT. Our 6 month checkup is next month, and if all is well then, I don't think I'm going to take him anymore.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #24
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always get worried when I tell people miranda doesn't see a doctor either. I did have her at the hospital and she isn't vaxed, and won't be.

we did the 2 month appt and the doctor completely lost his mind and freaked on me until i had to walk out of the office crying my eyes out. I never went back for a well baby visit again. At 6 months I brought her in for something and the doctor was really nice about not vaxing and all.. then i had to switch doctors so at 8 months when she got this horrible rash on her face i bought her in and all the doctor talked about was bringing in her vac record at her 12 month check. I told her I didn't have one because she's not being Vaccinated.. and walked out. miranda ended up with a horrible cold from that appt.

she's now over 2 (just barely) and i don't plan on taking her in for anything.
Unless of course by some miracle i can find a doctor who doesn't push vaccinations. which would be a miracle.

To the OP:
It's not Bad in anyway to not bring your child to WBV. IMO they are pointless. I measure and weigh her every couple of months, which i used to weigh myself then weigh her. I now have her stand on the scale, and I get out a tape measure and measure her.

I never understood why adults had to go to the doctor only once a year, but babies have to go 100 times a year. then one day it dawned on me.. Vaccinations.. and to fill out the rest of the appt they basically make small talk. Not vaccinating no need to go in.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #25
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: So is it REALLY bad that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys
if she's healthy and you dont vax then why go? its a waste of time and if you pay a co-pay, also $$. LOL theres really no point
ITA
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #26
KiMayaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have no clue how much my 5 month old weighs....
at first i took her to the 2 month appt and i knew i wasn't going to vax but I thought I should be going to the well baby visits anyway so that she could be checked- but at that appt i realized all i was doing was setting myself up to get bullied about vax's and that the weighing and measuring her wasn't all that big of a deal since I know she is growing and thriving. so yeah we are doctorless over here. it's called a well baby visit but all you are doing is exposing your baby to the sick kids so it makes no sense.
KiMayaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #27
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

I've got a baby scale. Don't need it anymore. I should sell it huh? LOL

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #28
weddell
Registered Users
seller

I don't think you are neglectful. I do take dd but she also has eczema and allergy issues that need medical attention. You might want to go once to check for things like heart murmurs and other "hidden" conditions, but if you aren't vaxing and the baby is meeting milestones I wouldn't worry.
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #29
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to put in my post that you don't have to go to a doctor to have your baby measured and weighed. B/c of DS' FTT, I was supposed to weigh him sometimes twice a week. Our ped is 40 miles from us (the only ped i could find that isn't pushy about vaxes), so I couldn't afford to drive up there several times a week and pay a co-pay each time to have DS weighed and measured. So I go to the local health department. If you can find out what day they do WIC appointments (even if you're not on WIC), most of the time you can come in and they'll be happy to weigh/measure your DC for you. That's where I get all of DS' done.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote