Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Shay update. (shaysbabygirls)

Currently Single mommy to Aspen (7), Chloe (5) and Layla (3)

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #12
Registered Users

Shay, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. take care of yourself.

lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Tell her if she needs ANYTHING to give me a call. I'm only about 10 minutes away! I'll pm you my phone number.
Sheri - wife to Greg - SAHM to Bryson (8), William (6), and Kathryn Elizabeth (05/05/05)
DS feedback
Old DS count - 45
sheri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am copy/pasting this. This is an email I sent out to family. I'm really crampy now, and feeling out of it, and I'm going to go lay down! I truely appreciate all your thoughts and prayers! they mean so much to me! I will update more, after I get a good nap and dinner (pizza is my comfort food, and I want a LARGE one to myself....) sorry for any typos and such. I have had 2 doses of darvocet, and 2 doses of phenagrin..

Hey guys!
I am writing while I can, before my meds kick in. I JUST got out of surgery. I had a D&C. The baby stopped growing at 5weeks3days. I had an ultrasound at 6w3d that showed that the baby only measured 5w3d, and then today, at 7w4d, the baby was measuring in at 5w1d. There was also a subchorionic hemorage, which could have been where the placenta was starting to come away from my uterus. They said they DOUBT that it was what caused the baby to stop growing, it was probably the baby stopping growing that caused it to clot.
I truely believe thta everything happens for a reason, and the reason for this pregnancy loss was to get extensive genetic testing done. I didn't like the answers (or lack there of) from my old doctor that delivered Robynne, so I switched practices, and my new doctor is who I saw today. He is VERY knowledgable. He actually told me that I could possibly be slightly turners, which could be why I keep having all the problems with pregnancy that I do, but that he doubts it. He said that our risk of another turner's baby is about 1%-2% more likely than the general public to have another turner's baby. They are running a complete set of genetic tests on me, plus a karyotype. They are also running a karyotype on David. We should have our answers in about 2 weeks. We have a follow up appointment on Friday the 29th and all the test results that are back by that time will be gone over...

Besides being really crampy (and I can't even take my darvocet until about 7:15) i'm doing ok. My intuition was right all along. We can try again as soon as we feel up to it.

The best decision I ever made was switching to the new doctor. He's amazing, very caring, and very knowledgeable. I got MORE information from him in a 10 minute conversation than I have from ANYONE since I got pregnant with Hope! He says that I'm now also high risk because of the amount of miscarriages we've had. so just add that to the list...LOL! David and I should have BOTH been karyotyped after Hope. I don't blame my doctors in ND about that, though, because...well, it's North Dakota and when we were there, they didn't have the equipment to do what they needed to! BUT I am VERY disappointed that it was never brought up with my m/c before, and while pg with Robynne. I have been through the ringer, and now finally we're going to get some answers! He wants me to start taking a baby asprin every day, because it sounds as though there may be a clotting disorder when I'm pregnant, which would include signs of (gee, get this)
high blood pressure during pregnancy
pre term labor
multiple miscarriages

hmmmmm! sounds about right to me. They took about 25 large vials of blood today! He asked what I wanted to test for, and I said EVERYTHING!

So, I'll keep you all up to date. Sitting here is making me cramp really really badly, so I'm gonna go law down for a while! I am emotionally ok. I feel the way about this baby as I did Hope. I don't think either of them were supposed to be here with us! Hope got us where we needed to go, when we needed to be there, and this one is FINALLY allowing us to get some answers!

Thanks for the hugs and prayers!

Shay :Mommy to ^Hope Kristen^ s/b 07/04/02; London Victoria 06/13/03; m/c 08/24/04; Robynne Jolee 07/01/05; m/c 09/15/06
You know you want one of my homemade reversible shopping cart covers... it's ok, don't fight it!
Shaysbabygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #15
Cause Thats How I Roll
My Mood:

im so sorry shay ill be thinking of you
Jena. Fabulous Mama To 3 year old Riley Nicole & 7 week old Logan Parker born @ home.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #16
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
My Mood:

Awe, Shay, I am so sorry !! I will continue praying. I hope they find everything they need to so you get some answers.

Big hugs!! I hope you feel better soon!!
~Lauri~ Mama of 8 blessings~ wife to Grady~

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #17
Registered Users

Shay you are a very strong person! ((((((HUGS))))))
Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #18
Registered Users

I'm glad you are finally going to get some answers. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

I"m glad you finally found someone that will take all of this with the seriousness and compassion that you need! Good luck and lots of to you and your family! You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Laura, Wife to my best friend, Mommy to Alex , 9-14-04, and Lucas , 8-20-07
1 in 110 children in the US have an Autism Spectrum Disorder and I'm proud that two of them are mine.
AngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote