Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #1
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Item not as described, what do I do?

I was a little disappointed that the clothes came to me with food still on them but I guess that really doesn't matter just gross is all..

I bought a few sleeperes from a Momma on here and one of the zippers has come unsewned from the sleeper, and it is burnt. its really weird to describe but you know the feeling when you burn fleece material, this is what is going on with this sleeper. The same is with another one but not as bad and as obvious as this perticular sleeper.

I am really unpleased since I am not going to put a sleper on my son that has a burnt like feeling, weird to type that but..yah..

My question is since these were only $1 sleepers each plus shipping, do i ask for the $1 back for this one sleeper or just cut my loss? When contacting the Momma to say I got the items what do I say? I really dont want to come across as a witch but ..

Advertisement

CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Item not as described, what do I do?

I would just cut my losses. I've had that happen to me before with a liner. It was ripped, but it was so cheap it wasn't worth the trouble. I just emailed her, let her know that it was defective, that it wasn't cause for alarm, but that I just thought she should know. I was kinda hoping she would offer to replace, but I never even got a response. In fact, I even gave her positive feedback and I didn't get any feedback whatsoever. But hopefully not all people would respond like that. I know I wouldn't!

But anyways, thats what I did.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002
I would just cut my losses. I've had that happen to me before with a liner. It was ripped, but it was so cheap it wasn't worth the trouble. I just emailed her, let her know that it was defective, that it wasn't cause for alarm, but that I just thought she should know. I was kinda hoping she would offer to replace, but I never even got a response. In fact, I even gave her positive feedback and I didn't get any feedback whatsoever. But hopefully not all people would respond like that. I know I wouldn't!

But anyways, thats what I did.
probably not worth the trouble to get money back but maybe let the mama know it was less than satisfactory(sp?)
Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Were these free for shipping items? or FSOT? Sometimes you gotta realize you get what you pay for and if it was a $1.00 then that right there would be my stop sign. have you tried pming the momma? maybe she over looked it?

I would just blow it off and move on Like I said sometimes you get what you pay for.........This has happened to me several times when I first started buying on here........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFreak
I was a little disappointed that the clothes came to me with food still on them but I guess that really doesn't matter just gross is all..

I bought a few sleeperes from a Momma on here and one of the zippers has come unsewned from the sleeper, and it is burnt. its really weird to describe but you know the feeling when you burn fleece material, this is what is going on with this sleeper. The same is with another one but not as bad and as obvious as this perticular sleeper.

I am really unpleased since I am not going to put a sleper on my son that has a burnt like feeling, weird to type that but..yah..

My question is since these were only $1 sleepers each plus shipping, do i ask for the $1 back for this one sleeper or just cut my loss? When contacting the Momma to say I got the items what do I say? I really dont want to come across as a witch but ..
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i def agree. i wouldnt ask for my money back but just let her know! i have got things that i wish i never did. you learn though!
daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
rimomma
Registered Users
seller

The burnt feel is they were probably put in the dryer on high for too long- the heat can burn fleecy type material.

I feel differently- I would ask for my $ back. You can't use them, and they prob. aren't good enough to donate either, kwim? $ is $, and you could've used it to get something else for dc.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

i agree. you get what you pay for pretty much. i would say something but then i would just let it go and move on. its just a buck.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:27 AM   #8
Willys Woolies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama
i agree. you get what you pay for pretty much. i would say something but then i would just let it go and move on. its just a buck.
Totally agree....did you expect perfect for a used sleeper that you paid $1.00 for? Get what ya paid for! Used is used, it's not perfect...we all should understand that!
Willys Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Um, they were $1.

I wouldn't say anything, and I would probably lower my expectations when buying super cheap items, if I were you.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #10
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I guess I will ignore it but I just thought when asking if all zippers worked and in good condition, and she said yes along with there were no holes, etc. I guess I am a little to generous with my $1 clothes I sell on here.
CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote