Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
MommyCRat
Registered Users

My Mood:
Labor held back?

So, my midwife has told me for months now that we can pay what we can and then she'll send us a bill until it's paid off (originally it was all due the day after baby is born). Then, last week after my prenatal, she tells me that that won't really work we need it to be all paid off. My initial thought was "Baby won't come until this is over now." I've been basically in prelabor since the day before that prenatal (last Wed) and ready any time, but nothing has started yet...

Today we got a loan cleared to pay her. I'm s'posed to go in tomorrow if I can to sign the papers and it's all finalized (or it'll be open for a month if I can't go in tomorrow). I'm soo relieved, and I think now the baby will come soon.

Did you guys ever have anything hold back your labor?

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 07:16 AM   #2
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Labor held back?

Well, something's definitely holding back this labor and I just can't figure out what it is. I had my other 3 children at 38wks and 2-3 days. Well, this one is now 1 day past due, and I'm going absolutely crazy!!
daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yah- I did. Stressful move and some other personal issues going on right before the birth of our third made going into labor pretty slow going. I could actually feel that my body wanted to go into labor but "couldn't" I wish I had know about cotton root back then. Oh well atleast I had some kohosh.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope you go into labor soon, now that it is all worked out....
Old 09-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
MommyCRat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Everything is taken care of now..The birth fee is actually in the midwife's hands (some prenatals outstanding, but nothing she's concerned about), my husband should be getting a raise soon (maybe baby is waiting on that?)..I'm still in pretty good prelabor. Infact, the midwives literally cheered when I told them everything that's been going on (since Tuesday afternoon when everything got cleared).

HOWever, baby isn't enaged yet. They were so excited to hear about my body working so hard that they wanted to know where baby was positioned. It's not even engaged yet. Dilation wasn't very good either, but that's pretty variable. It was kind of disappointing to hear, especially since I've been doing *every*thing right and have been showing all the signs of being ready *now*. Hopefully baby will drop and not wait for 2 weeks later to come out. I told them it must be a girl wanting to spend all our money already.

*trying to stay encouraged and openminded*
Old 09-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #6
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good for you mama...stay positive and things will happen in thier own good time!!!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote