Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
ecomama7
Registered Users
seller

Re: how did you tell your hubby u were preg

The 1st time we both pretty much knew together so I didn't have to really "tell" him. He was there when I took the pg test and we both looked at it together. In total shock!

The 2nd time he was away in L.A on buisness when I took the pg test. I had taken smoking back up after I had dd so I called him up and said, "Well, I guess I quit smoking." It took him a second to catch on but he was like, "Really?!!"

Advertisement

ecomama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #12
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first one we were trying for, it took 6 days off the pill before we conceived. He knew the night it happened because I told him while we were cuddled in bed, lol, but then he was standing right there when I tested. We were so happy.
With our second I was so against being pregnant that I was in denial when I started showing symptoms. I tested the day of my exp. AF neg. A week later, neg. Til the end of 8 weeks, then I got a very faint positive. He told me not to test without him home (I was that depressed) and I did anyway. I called him at work (he was on a rooftop) and said omg I'm pregnant, what am I going to do? I screamed and cried for an hour after that call. He showed up early from work with a pot of flowers and a bottle of prenatals. I love him.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #13
shell015
Banned
seller

He more or less told me. I had been told after having cancer at 22 that I could not conceive. I started feeling cranky all the time. I honestly thought I was going insane... LIKE REALLY. I kept saying I am soooo mad at you but I don't know why. He kept saying you are pregnant. Well he finally ticked me off past the point... AF was not a factor because it was a once every blue moon kinda thing... so I bought a test just to tell him to eat it. Well... I ate it. lol. I took the test while he was on his way over and before the pee could get all the way through it was 2 lines. So when he came in I just sat their crying like a baby. He couldn't figure out what it was... I told him to check the bathroom... he found the box but not the test which I had hidden in the couch cushion right beside me. He started consoling me and asking for forgiveness for bringing my hopes up (that is all I had ever wanted was a baby) then I came out with the test and a teary grin the size of Texas. The next day I had to go buy more just to verify.... I bought all 63 tests that wal-mart had on their shelves.... they all said the same thing... And now I have my 3 1/2 month old MIRACLE Baby.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:34 AM   #14
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With Ds1, we had just been together for a mear 3 mos, and I was at work one night and on my lunch decided to go to the store and get a test. It came up positive, of course (AF was 2 weeks late) so, I went after work and bought 2 more, went home and took them. Both of them had the same result, so, the next night at work (I was working evenings, him days, not living together, ect) on my break I called him and said, Um, we need to talk...he thought he had done something wrong! So, on my day off, we went for a drive and he finally got up the nerve to ask what we needed to talk about...I asked him what he would say if I was pregnant? He didn't say ANYTHING...he found a parking lot and pulled over, looked at me in amazement and said "Are you?" lol...not too romantic, but definately a story! and then with ds2, we were trying, so it wasn't a surprise...and this one...well...let's just say there were preventative measures being taken, and obviously what will be, will be...so I was freaking out about it and he was in the field doing training and I called him on his cell one morning and said, you know, I've been feeling sick for the last few mornings...FYI. We officially found out 3 days after he left for Iraq! By this time, we weren't surprised

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #15
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With Adam we had been trying (our first month ttc) and he didn't think there was anyway that first month it would happen. He had to work early that morning that I took the test--it was immediately BFP. I was so shocked I was running around the house like a crazy person. I just couldn't believe it. I had a card that I put it in and handed it to him when he came home--he was totally shocked. I did the same thing with DS2. This time we had been trying for a few months and I took a test and it had a super faint line--so I told him and he said he saw it (but it was very faint). So that afternoon I snuck out to Target--got a FRER and took it at 3 pm and it was immediately positive. I ran out in the living room and shouted "I'm pregnant!" and DH just smiled and acted like he already knew.

With DS2 we sent emailed photos to our whole family with DS1 in a shirt that says "Guess what...I'm a big brother" everyone liked that. With our first and this one we just called them on the phone to tell them.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #16
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

I told him with this: