Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #21
addicted2cloth
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How do I know which kitchenaid stand mixer to get?

I have the proffesional 5 quart and love it. I usually double cookie recipies and it has never failed. I also use it for bread. I like the fact that it has the bowl lift instead of the tilt head. I also like that all the attachments are metal. A lot of them are coming out with plastic attachmnets and I worry that they might break. As for accessories I have all of the pasta accessories and the meat grinder. I have not tried the meat grinder yet. I got it for Christmas and my baby was born 1/11/2008 so I just havn't had time. I plan on making my own sausage when I do use it.

Advertisement

addicted2cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #22
Paulinemck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say go with the BIG one. I did, because w/ 4 kids, almost 5, I'm always wating to double or triple cookie recipes or what ever it is. The bowl lift is so much handier than the tip-up top.
Also I got mine off of QVC.com They have a daily special on them a couple times a year and if you use a credit or debit card you can get on the flexpay deal and break it down into 3 or 4 payments, but get it right away!
Paulinemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
eightdandelions
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow this info has been so useful to me... I've been thinking of getting one for years and maybe now I really will since my ??s have been cleared up. Hope you don't mind my eavesdropping, but thanks!!

eightdandelions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #24
E'smama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I stand by the idea that you want to focus on the motor power- it shouldnt matter too much if youre just doing cookies and the like. But esp if youre interested in things like breads etc- I'd encourage you to not buy the lowest power motor- i have a professional series- it was a splurge/present from dh and I love it- and i think the extra power is worth is as i make a couple loaves a week
hth
sarah
ETA-- i shopped around for a bit for mine, and right around xmas amazon had the best price- plus a mail in rebate for $50- it was great

Last edited by E'smama; 03-10-2008 at 07:16 PM.
E'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #25
ive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love this thread!!! thank you for everyone's input and Mom2fussy wonderful info!!! I've been thinking of a bowl mixer and have a hand mixer atm. >< Now only question is what is considered a good deal for a pro mixer kitchen aid. and is it worth getting the attachments or do they have sales where some attachments are included? thanks and sorry also for eavesdropping.