Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

BG thread spinoff: Which ones can you exchange?

I don't want to take advantage of the excellent customer service at Cotton Babies, but I just got a new fleece BG and it's so much better than the other BGs I have. I have heard that Jenn is exchanging old-style BGs, and I'm wondering if I can exchange mine.

Two of them, I'm pretty sure I can return because they don't have the side tag (the one with "Made in the USA" on it). They do have the "x" stitching over the laundry tabs, though.

The third one has the side tag, but one of the velcro tabs isn't a "crossover" tab (it only has velcro on one side). This is different from my newest one, where both tabs are a crossover tab.

What do y'all think?

Advertisement

kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: BG thread spinoff: Which ones can you exchange?

You can def. exchange the older ones without the outter tabs on the side. The other one you can exchaange if it's falling apart. i.e. the tabs are seperating, there are holes, etc. I just exchaned two of the newer style with SC because I follow the wash instructions and they were looking very rough after only a couple of months of use and we only used them at night because of the SC sensativity. If you aren't sure, just email them. They'll get back to you right away-CottonBabies is great!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

If your tabs are shredding, you can definitely send it back for repair or replacement. Anything without a tag is eligible for replacement.

I've been replacing the entire diaper because we haven't had facilities to repair the diapers with tab issues. That finally changed last week and I'm looking forward to being able to repair diapers. However, I will also have free "tab fix kits" and instructions available soon so people who have sewing machines can replace their own tabs and add crossover tabs on both sides.

I'm not taking diapers back just because somebody wants fleece instead of suedecloth. That decision hasn't been particularly popular... but I just can't afford to do that. Thanks for understanding!

Kindest regards,

Jenn
wildflowerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

I don't want to return it just because it has suedecloth instead of fleece - I was just referring to the fleece one because it's the newest one.

The tabs aren't shredding, it's just that the stretchy part is pilling and overall the diaper hasn't held up as well as my FBs which are older than my BGs.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
wildflowerjenn
Registered Users

I should have said that if you have a diaper that can be replaced, you can exchange it for fleece.

The stretchy part will pill under some circumstances. This isn't a defect, it is just the nature of the fabric.

Is the diaper leaking? Has anything failed on the diaper?
wildflowerjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

Jenn, I'm going to PM you to continue this discussion.