Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many dipes for newborn at hospital?

I don't know if your hospital will "let" you use them there....I know my friend had to use sposies while in the hospital...so you will definately want to check on that first!

Advertisement

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #22
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillers72
I don't know if your hospital will "let" you use them there....I know my friend had to use sposies while in the hospital...so you will definately want to check on that first!
This makes me angry to think I may not have an option of what I dress my child in This is almost like if they would force a baby's first vax just because they are in the hospital I do NOT want the chemicals on my newborns bum and that is that! I will raise a stink!

man, a homebirth is looking better everyday. Now, how to convince brian it's ok
Old 09-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #23
sunshinemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check with your hospitals L&D nurses station. Most times they will "let" you as long as YOU change them and keep everything in your room. These were the conditions I had with ds2.

Quote:
I have a question....For those that started with cloth from the hospital...did you do so because of health concerns of sposies or ?? I'm just wondering because when you go to the hospital, they already put your nb in sposies and give you the rest of the package to take home... (you pay for that already in your hospital bill)
They can't charge you if you never use/open them. I would raise issue with that one. DS1 was cloth from day 1 at home (first child, no info or help) DS2 we started from the time he was born. I told my OB and the nurses before i went into labor and again when we arrived at the hospital "no sposies". They cleaned him, wrapped him and gave him back diaperless. Nana gave ds2 his first bath and put on his first cloth diaper.

The easiest way that worked for us, we brought about 18-24 prefolds and 4 covers (bsww, proraps). DS2 was muconium boy trifold into cover and wrap on. Didn't have any leaks or problems. Just bring a wetbag for dirties. We never had any stains or problems getting the goop out once we got home.

Don't let the hospital dictate what YOU do, talk with them explain things and they will most likely be willing to let you do just about anything.
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #24
momof4
Registered Users
seller

I had only a toothbrush and slippers for myself, since I only stayed for 24 hours; the rest of my bag was dipes! I brought one of each kind -- a cover, and pf, AIO, fitted, pocket -- and then sent DH home to get more of what I liked best. I put the dirties in a wetbag. Meconium washed out without any problem; no liners needed.

I did it in part just to see what they would do in the hospital. Some nurses looked at me funny, but let me do my thing, and others were intrigued.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:41 AM   #25
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never asked our hospital I just told them when we were laboring that I would CD. They actually had prefolds there! We got those instead of paper diapers. The nurses didn't know how to do fold them but I'm teaching cd classes at the hospital so now they will be able to .
Old 09-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #26
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingmama2005
Kissaluvs are readily available for NB fitteds...but my favorites on my latest dd were Valor Kids...they are sooo freaking tiny!!! and they have an internal soaker, so no small parts to "arrange" before putting it on baby. Tykie Diapers and Bums A Daisy diapers also fit really well on a NB.
Cool! I didn't start buying dipes until a month or so ago and I have some VK and Tykies so I'm glad to hear it! I'll have to check out Bums A Daisy...

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote