Originally Posted by NEW RULES
Important Rules at a Glance
Diaper Swappers utilizes a "3 Strikes" policy to help maintain a clean and positive atmosphere.
Violations that count as a strike:
1. Any hateful, rude, racist, derogatory, foul language (spelled correctly or not, this is a family friendly community), insulting, or otherwise mean content (pictures, blinkies, avatars)
2. The use of your signature, posts, or avatar to promote competing boards (other mama-targeted forums). Additonally, links to sites containing non family friendly content are unnacceptable. Should you have questions about whether something falls in our outside of this rule, PM Lee or Juan for permission/clarification. Decisions are left to the sole discretion of the site owner and mods.
3. Using letters or symbols as a code not understood by the general public
4. Posting one-liners (abrasive sayings), pictures (picture of person with head up their rear end), or smilies (like banging head against the wall) in threads for the sole purpose of further fueling the fire in a hot topic
5. Posting a thread saying, "Hey, look at my siggy" in order to promote your store or product or service
6. Quoting private messages on the forum. Private messages are private.
7. Linking to a FSOT post regarding a negative/neutral feedback left for you
8. Using a slogan, sign, etc that indicates membership in an elitist clique or group: no cliques please
9. Unsolicited purchasing opportunities in thread responses. It is acceptable to link to your store or business in your sig. You just can't "promote" it outside of that.
10. Bashing the site staff or DS as an entity (you can share you opinion in a respectful way, but "DS stinks" will NOT be acceptable). Concerns about the rules, or the manner in which the site is run should be addressed in ask the pros or in a PM to Lee or Juan.
Penalties at a Glance
1. 3 signature violations and you permanently lose your signature space, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
2. 3 avatar violations and you permanently lose your avatar space, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
3. 3 violations mentioning competing boards and you permanently lose your PM ability, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
4. 3 spam violations and you are temp banned for 1 month, or if deemed appropriate, a permanent ban
Please note that mods and admins have the right to use their discretion and will do what they feel is best for the community as a whole. Certain rule violations will require an instant permanent ban (like posting p*rn). If you have an issue with an action the site staff has taken, please contact one of the members on the admin team through PM.