Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
dirtdartwife's Avatar
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Happy Republican
Posts: 7,141
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
but diaper acronyms are still ok, right?
I'm assuming so because the rule is about using coded words the general public doesn't know. I'm assuming that if you're on a diapering board, and with the fact that we have a sticky with the break out of what a diaper acronym is, then it's ok. But on the military forum, when we get into talking military, it can be full of acronyms the "general public" doesn't know.

I know... lots of "a$$umptions" in there, but that's my thinking on it. Lemme have another beer and I might be able to make it clear as mud!

Advertisement

__________________
I have not been on much in the past few months, please be patient with me returning PM's.
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
suebe333's Avatar
suebe333
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sebring,Florida
Posts: 835
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

__________________
www.sunchiefsoaps.com
suebe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #13
shortcake2386's Avatar
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 26,069
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
I know... lots of "a$$umptions" in there, but that's my thinking on it. Lemme have another beer and I might be able to make it clear as mud!
drink one for me
__________________
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
PKat's Avatar
PKat
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,249
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

I would like to see something like this as well -- I am almost paranoid to post because I don't want to break a rule! Maybe something that is totally mod/admin run -- as in we pm them our questions and they post them to a locked thread? I can see how it would get a bit nutzy if it was left totally open -- but it would be nice to have questions answered and see the answers to others questions (so each admin/mod isn't getting 500 of the same questions)!
__________________
Please check my WAHM thread for instock items

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #15
Julia22443
Banned
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Just 30 minutes from you and you don't even know!
Posts: 648
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

good grief!!!!!

What about when the system double posts your replies?? Do you get a strike for that???

Last edited by Julia22443; 03-11-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Julia22443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #16
Kylie&Logan'sMommy's Avatar
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jer-Z
Posts: 11,849
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

i am on now and will try to answer questions

as far as the letters go, of course you can still abreviate(spelll?) diapers and stuff like that, that rule is so that you dont put xldkjlsdjkfalskj in your siggy with your group of friends and you are the only ones who know what it is.

hope that helps to explain it

feel free to pm me or any other mod/admin and we/i will try to help you understand it
__________________
Jen ~ Mommy to and
I am around but may have some delays in responses
Kylie&Logan'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #17
Kylie&Logan'sMommy's Avatar
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jer-Z
Posts: 11,849
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
I'm assuming so because the rule is about using coded words the general public doesn't know. I'm assuming that if you're on a diapering board, and with the fact that we have a sticky with the break out of what a diaper acronym is, then it's ok. But on the military forum, when we get into talking military, it can be full of acronyms the "general public" doesn't know.

I know... lots of "a$$umptions" in there, but that's my thinking on it. Lemme have another beer and I might be able to make it clear as mud!
as far as the military stuff, i have no idea about that

and you explained the diaper things a whole lot better than i did
__________________
Jen ~ Mommy to and
I am around but may have some delays in responses
Kylie&Logan'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #18
katzmark06's Avatar
katzmark06
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Among BIGFOOT, WI
Posts: 3,609
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
i dont understand #10 so if i bump a thread i can only do it twice??
Only if you use the same Smilie
__________________
Ariel
katzmark06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #19
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,254
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
I would like to see something like this as well -- I am almost paranoid to post because I don't want to break a rule! Maybe something that is totally mod/admin run -- as in we pm them our questions and they post them to a locked thread? I can see how it would get a bit nutzy if it was left totally open -- but it would be nice to have questions answered and see the answers to others questions (so each admin/mod isn't getting 500 of the same questions)!
Great idea! I feel exactly the same as you, don't want to pi$$ anyone off, just want some answers so I don't get myself in too much trouble... I didn't even know about the 3 strikes policy... I doubt I will last longer than a year with that going on
__________________
Kaela
Mama to
Whilder (8)Olian (6)
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #20
katzmark06's Avatar
katzmark06
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Among BIGFOOT, WI
Posts: 3,609
My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

What about Photography acros?
__________________
Ariel
katzmark06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.