Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #111
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Ahhh ok.. I read through this whole post.. Must have missed the answer. Thanks for clarifying mama!

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM   #112
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

TO SUMMARIZE SOMETHING:
It will be VERY hard for any sincere member to be banned under the new rules. Any person, when told that they are violating a policy, says "Gee, sorry, didn't realize I did that". For that person to forget two more times??

This is not overly controlling and is MUCH more lenient then a lot of forums I am acquainted with. It is for the protection of the members that make this site great AND protection for the future of DS.

Unless you are trying to get banned and show a continual pattern of rude behavior, then you should NOT worry a bit.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #113
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix23 View Post
What about mdc? Is it okay to link to there?
i dont go there, so i have no idea lee would have to answer this one.

feel free to pm him. he might not see this post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #114
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by endmendoza View Post
what about in a thread that you are just reading, and not really participating in? Is that not allowed anymore?

Or last night, I accidently posted a baby sling FS in "babywearing" and not the carriers- then by the time I realized what I did, it was already moved. Does that mean I have a strike?

This is sooo confusing!!!
If it is determined by staff that your intention in posting the popcorn guy was to add fuel to a fire, then you could receive a strike. If it is a harmless thread, then of course not.

It really isn't confusing. Please read my Summary post above.

No one has strikes prior to last night, period. We aren't going back in time to find things to "get you" for. We are good guys / gals...not out to get you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix23 View Post
What about mdc? Is it okay to link to there?
Yes, I don't see why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1p3r View Post
Is the "Kim ribbon" in my siggie a violation?
I am undecided on the Kim ribbons, so for now they can stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof7 View Post
My signature is NOT trying to circumvent anything it is simply saying that I was TOLD by a certain admin she would look into it when she got time and I got tired of telling everyone WHY I had this FB when everyone KNOWS I did not deserve it.
I understand your concerns, but the siggy is in violation. Please change it right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xois View Post
i too would like to know if I have strikes

I once posted spam for a coop in the craft thread

and once got told about my siggy

and once was told to fix my ISO

all of these were ifxed right away by me (or deleted from the craft thread).

so do I have strikes? How do I know...where do i look?
A mod will tell you if they place a strike on your account. You don't have any as this only began last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannamarie View Post
Me too! I have social anxiety disorder, and I've already gotten chewed out for accidentally posting something in the wrong place! Only 3 strikes?! I SERIOUSLY didn't know. (Evidently you're not allowed to mention that you sell anything when you're on the OT thread. I didn't even try to sell stuff!!! I was asking a question about where to post it, LOL)
Again, we aren't out to get you. Please relax....this is a positive for DS.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:37 AM   #115
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
TO SUMMARIZE SOMETHING:
It will be VERY hard for any sincere member to be banned under the new rules. Any person, when told that they are violating a policy, says "Gee, sorry, didn't realize I did that". For that person to forget two more times??

This is not overly controlling and is MUCH more lenient then a lot of forums I am acquainted with. It is for the protection of the members that make this site great AND protection for the future of DS.

Unless you are trying to get banned and show a continual pattern of rude behavior, then you should NOT worry a bit.
Not to be "rude" but....I would love to see a site more controlling than this!
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #116
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post
i dont go there, so i have no idea lee would have to answer this one.

feel free to pm him. he might not see this post
from past experiences, no the mention of THAT board has not been allowed, but maybe that has changed?
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #117
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
If it is determined by staff that your intention in posting the popcorn guy was to add fuel to a fire, then you could receive a strike. If it is a harmless thread, then of course not.

It really isn't confusing. Please read my Summary post above.

No one has strikes prior to last night, period. We aren't going back in time to find things to "get you" for. We are good guys / gals...not out to get you.

Yes, I don't see why not.

I am undecided on the Kim ribbons, so for now they can stay.

I understand your concerns, but the siggy is in violation. Please change it right away.

A mod will tell you if they place a strike on your account. You don't have any as this only began last night.

Again, we aren't out to get you. Please relax....this is a positive for DS.

Ok, so for clarification purposes...if we are told we did somehting wrong, thats a simple *warning* if it is done again or intentional misbehavior then we will get an actual *strike* and will be told *you have a strike*

so it's not a vague misunderstanding, it will actually be TOLD TO US that we have an actual strike, amiright?
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #118
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
TO SUMMARIZE SOMETHING:

Okay, so, what I am gathering from this-please correct me if I'm wrong-is that we have to make the SAME mistake 3 times to be banned....so the 3 strike policy is per rule, not in total...right?
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #119
felix23
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof7 View Post
Not to be "rude" but....I would love to see a site more controlling than this!
mothering.com. Like the site and it has some great resources, but man, it is hard to keep up with all the rules they have. In fact, it is even against the rules to talk bad about MDC on another site.
felix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #120
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I will willingly change it when one of you tells me that it has been reviewed. otherwise in my opinion it must stay to remind the mod/admin team that there is a problem and you seem to be ignoring it. Can you show us some list that shows where in line we are for your attention to our problems? If I see a list that says I am #?? in line to have my problem reviewed then I will change my siggy. Otherwise as far as I know you are ignoring my problem. You seem to have all this time to come up with new rules but you dont seem to have time to fix any outstanding problems. I am sorry I am not one of your favorite people here and you have made that very clear by ignoring all the PM's I have sent to you. You want to say people getting scammed is more important than a FB issue but in reality I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED and you are IGNORING it.
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote