Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do I keep my pocket inserts from moving?

I have had a problem for the past week and it isn't going away. Really, it's just a problem at night, we are getting leaks EVERY night and I don't think it is an absorbancy problem or a laundry problem. My inserts are wet, but not soaking and they are stuffed really well. I usually use BG's at night but I have tried a GAD and a beccabottom and have had problems. The wetness is coming out the back end near the pocket. I think my DD is squirming around before she goes to sleep and when she wakes up causing the insert to shift and thus we get leaks.......
I have checked and double checked my inserts before I put the diaper on her. I make sure it is even on all sides and reaches the sides of the diaper including the back end all the way near the pocket whole. Trust me since this is night number 5 I do this obsessively. I should also add I change her when she wakes up at 4 to nurse and it is usually wet then too, and then again when she wakes up for the day at 7.....

Each time I take it off and examine what went wrong. It's not a repelling issue as the inserts are wet and they aren't THAT wet that she is soaking through it. Each time I notice on the pocket opening that it has moved slightly.

If it makes a difference I usually use 2 CB inserts and sometimes a WAHM, or JB sandwhiched inbetween the CB's. This has happended like 10 times and I am

Lastly, I changed the rise on the BG (we were on the smallest setting)- I changed it to the middle rise (still had leaks) and last night we used the largest rise just to give her maximum rear coverage and still had a leak this am.

Any ideas???

Advertisement

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:52 AM   #2
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I keep my pocket inserts from moving?

anyone??

Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm... I've never had an issure with inserts shifting so I dunno about that sorry!

The only thing I can think is that maybe you are overstuffing your pockets?
That can cause leaks sometimes. 2 CB inserts plus a hemp one seems like a lot to me if your babe is just a couple months old.

If the inserts aren't soaked, maybe try just using one CB insert on top of a hemp one and see if that works better, or if you are changing her once at night still even one CB insert by itself.

Hope you find a solution soon
Old 09-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry I can't help, but big . We never did well with BG. They didn't fit DS well and he reacted to the inner suedecloth fabric.

Also, since DS is a boy, he wets more to the front, so it takes a lot for the wet to reach to the back of the inserts.

Good luck! Sorry I can't be more help!

Laura
Old 09-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
ktandgt
Registered Users
seller

We had problems once the boys were walking the inserts would squish up between their legs and they would pee and leak on the sides where the insert was squished. I wish I could tell you I figured out a solution but I didn't. I had to switch to fitteds and wool.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies.... I just ordered some fitteds and some wool for nights.... It deosn't work for daytime but I am thinking our pockets just aren't working for nights any longer...

Old 09-18-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

Oh man!! I have totally been having this same problem lately. But mine was kind of the opposite. If I would double stuff inserts then they wouldn't move around, but keeping just one insert in would make them move around and I'd get leaks. DS sleeps on his side so I thought maybe that was part of it, the wiggling around. Honestly I could not tell you what to do short of trying different inserts, because that is what I have resorted to now. I'm using CB inserts again full time, while as I used to use a mixture of different microfiber inserts. Maybe hemp would work out better since they aren't as squishy?

I hope you figure this out!

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktandgt
We had problems once the boys were walking the inserts would squish up between their legs and they would pee and leak on the sides where the insert was squished. I wish I could tell you I figured out a solution but I didn't. I had to switch to fitteds and wool.

This is what we have too. Our son is thin and very active. If his insert is wet it get's sqashed and them the new pee comes through the PUL. I have a better time with AIO's and a topper some days, so that part of the insert is sewn in.

Let us know what you come up with!
Old 09-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
Lasciate
Registered Users

My Mood:

The only time I had insert bunching was with microfiber. I swear by hemp, it stays in place so much better.
Lasciate is offline   Reply With Quote