Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Very good post. I an eager to hear what admin has to say.

Advertisement

Earn free money with SwagBucks
Old 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #12
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassondruh View Post
an attack? what does that mean?
dunno, it's just what Lee said in another thread in this section...that other were banned because of a "planned attack"
Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #13
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here is my sincere explanation. Kim was banned in accordance with our old rules and she got the bad end of being our first ban following the old rules. It wasn't wrong of us to do that and we weren't trying to pick on her, she was just the first. it was bad timing and ending up being trouble as we have seen.

The mamas that got banned once the new rules took effect were banned for a completely different reason. They were also banned after the new rules were in place and the announcement was made. These mamas weren't banned because of a technical violation like a siggy rule violation. They were banned for not being able to control themselves, spreading filth across DS, spreading lies, stirring up trouble, sending PM spam, using vulgar language, and hurting many sincere members of this community. You have no idea the number of PMs I received during that 2 day period from confused, insulted, upset mamas that could understand why these mamas were acting in this way. Many of you didn't see all of what the DS staff team saw. I am glad you didn't as it was sickening and sad. These actions will never be tolerated on DS. These bannings will not be reversed.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #14
katzchen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can the reason they were banned be listed in their profile or could you send e-mails out explaining to these members why they were banned?

I know several mamas felt that they were banned only for replying in a non offensive way to one of the many threads that were posted that day, others are not sure why exactly why they were banned.

ETA: I think seeing why some of these members were banned would provide a lot of closure and reassurance to the members of DS that no one was banned without reason. After all, since the inflamitory threads were deleted and we can't see evidence of the "spamming" PMs it is hard to understand why some people were banned while others were not.

Last edited by katzchen; 03-14-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #15
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

We did put a reason in some sigs and may have missed some. That is something we may do but it isn't a high priority. If they want to know why, they can read this thread or some of the other posts I have made with clarification.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
jabba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
We did put a reason in some sigs and may have missed some. That is something we may do but it isn't a high priority. If they want to know why, they can read this thread or some of the other posts I have made with clarification.

FWIW, I think some of those banned might feel like you were painting (banning) with a pretty broad brush in the middle of a very charged situation, and they may have suffered the consequences of someone else's words simply because their post was in the same thread, or assumptions about associations were made, etc. So perhaps it would be fair to those members banned to give each of them the specific reason for their banishment, rather than continuing the blanket explanation...

ETA: In revisiting each one, you might see that some offenses that were minor (siggy violations, one snarky comment) got lumped in with the things that were more heated or over the top. I don't think *everyone's* posts could be called 'disgusting.'

Last edited by jabba; 03-15-2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #17
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Here is my sincere explanation. Kim was banned in accordance with our old rules and she got the bad end of being our first ban following the old rules. It wasn't wrong of us to do that and we weren't trying to pick on her, she was just the first. it was bad timing and ending up being trouble as we have seen.

The mamas that got banned once the new rules took effect were banned for a completely different reason. They were also banned after the new rules were in place and the announcement was made. These mamas weren't banned because of a technical violation like a siggy rule violation. They were banned for not being able to control themselves, spreading filth across DS, spreading lies, stirring up trouble, sending PM spam, using vulgar language, and hurting many sincere members of this community. You have no idea the number of PMs I received during that 2 day period from confused, insulted, upset mamas that could understand why these mamas were acting in this way. Many of you didn't see all of what the DS staff team saw. I am glad you didn't as it was sickening and sad. These actions will never be tolerated on DS. These bannings will not be reversed.
I am very sad to hear this Lee. You made the rules, posted them and then expected everyone to understand them, not questions them (even though some were just absurd and ridiculous to follow) and then banned people for not following them. All of this within a few short hours.
Seems to me like you were trying to set some of us up for failure.

Very sad IMO, that is why I asked the question here. It does not seem right that a person with so many strikes against her (Kim) would be just wiped clean even though she has so many over such a long time, but someone who broke one NEW (several hard to accept and unfair) rule would be bannished forever. There is really no sense in that and I would very much appreciate further explanation.
Thank you, Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
Old 03-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #18
MamaOf3Cuties
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also think it would be a good idea to let these mamas start with a clean slate. I know that in some cases rules were very obviously broken. I know vulgar language was used, and I know PM spam was sent as I was the recipient of some.

However, it was a charged atmosphere, as Danni said. Now that things are calming some can't we just please bring these mamas back and just start over? I mean, Lee, haven't you ever acted rashly and opened your mouth a little too wide in anger? Perhaps this would be a good time to turn the other cheek. If you let them back and they start acting stOOpid again then I think they would deserve to be banned for sure, but let's just have what we call in my house a do over please????

This has just all been so sad and silly.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:47 AM   #19
HealingPixie
Registered Users

I have been trying to become a part of this board- but everythime I do something else pops up that makes me want to go back to just reading and shopping only. Then I read all these posts from you (Lee) over the last few days and now this- and your response- how pompous. An attack?? Really?? That is some fear you have there- sad thing is the only person I see attack DS members or the DS board is you. I do hope this all gets fixed for the mama's who have shown they are not just stirring the pot- but have a post count to back up they are supportive of the mama's here by posting in several areas of the board or those who simply asked a question or (gasp) had an opinion.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:05 AM   #20
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MamaOf3Cuties and HealingPixie
Very well said, Also points that I have been trying to make.

There is no sense in allowing someone that administrative team considered to be a nuisance, someone that was warned multiple times, had multiple strikes to come back if those that she asked to come to her aid are also not allowed back. Yes words got heated, tempers flared, heck so did mine, but it was very understandable given the circumstances.

I really hope that there is more consideration given to this topic. It would be a shame not to.

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
Closed Thread