Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #41
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
He's not telling us the gory details of what went down and what was said for OUR peace of mind.
OR....some would say maybe it's for his own benefit because there are not good reasons for some of the bannings?

Sorry, but I like to be fair.

Advertisement

and full-time student.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #42
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I don't think you are ever going to fully agree. These ladies didn't break some technical rule like Kim did. The didn't just act in "heat of the moment" anger either. This was planned, pre-meditated attempts to hurt DS. You can think I am harsh or making things up, but I know EXACTLY what went on during those two days, exactly. I have also received an abundance of communication and feedback to confirm all I know. What more is there to explain...you continued questioning isn't going to bring a new detail to light as I have shared openly and honestly why I did what I did. I know several mamas that don't like my decision, but I know a whole lot more that do and are very supportive of my efforts to rid DS of these hateful mamas that would only like to damage this great community. Please don't expect more of an answer as I have been stating the same reasoning all along and posted it in multiple threads. I have nothing to hide.
Hi Lee, I'm curious about the bolded portion. Are you a member of other forums where these planned, pre-meditated attacks were planned and discussed? If you have not read things with your own eyes to confirm this, then your information surely cannot be taken for fact. I'd like to know if you are basing your information on heresay, even if you consider the source trustworthy or if you read for yourself?
Old 03-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #43
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I don't think you are ever going to fully agree. These ladies didn't break some technical rule like Kim did. The didn't just act in "heat of the moment" anger either. This was planned, pre-meditated attempts to hurt DS. You can think I am harsh or making things up, but I know EXACTLY what went on during those two days, exactly. I have also received an abundance of communication and feedback to confirm all I know. What more is there to explain...you continued questioning isn't going to bring a new detail to light as I have shared openly and honestly why I did what I did. I know several mamas that don't like my decision, but I know a whole lot more that do and are very supportive of my efforts to rid DS of these hateful mamas that would only like to damage this great community. Please don't expect more of an answer as I have been stating the same reasoning all along and posted it in multiple threads. I have nothing to hide.
Having served in the military, I happen to fully know what a planned, pre-meditated plan of attack looks like, and this aint' it. What SOME of the mama's did was called a hasty ambush. And I use the word HASTY because it was all in direct reaction to Kim being banned and the new rules. There was nothing planned. There was nothing pre-meditated. Towards the end of the "banning crusade", yes, there were some that started to plan things because it was becoming obvious that Kim would get reinstated while the others that came to her aid, would not. She asked for help, spread her own hateful "I hate Lee, I hate DS, they can (insert filthy, ****ographic action here)" herself, and many people did come to her aid. Of course they're upset now, they have every reason to be.

I've sat back and watched alot of this, I've seen alot of hateful stuff and wouldn't ya know it.. the most hateful stuff didn't even come from fellow BGers! I went to bat for your family, Lee, against a person that wasn't even a BG!! She was one of your own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosiasmama View Post
I see what your saying, I know that their job must be really hard.

But I know that not all the people banned during that time were banned for aying horrible things. Several of us are continuing to ask because a few of them are being lumped into the group that did severly cross the line, but not all of them did. that is what we are asking here, for a bit of consideration on a case by case basis.
I agree with zosiasmama. I understand the job of being a mod is hard and must be extremely time consuming but it still doesn't give anyone the right to arbitrarily enforce laws against people they have a personal problem against. I'd have to say that people that affiliate themselves with BG's aren't the problem.

Harmony96... Being military and a military wife, I've seen enough bad things in this world that I think I'll be the judge of what keeps my peace of mind peaceful. While I can appreciate the idea that someone just doesn't want to share "gory" details, with the actions of what's happened, it just begs for suspicion, kwim?

I really do hope the board settles down and things run smoothly from here on out.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #44
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaOf3Cuties View Post
i know onlygirl (cherie) was banned right off and never even given any strikes
I ♥ Cherie, and I don't understand why she was banned. She posted 3 times on that thread, and nothing was out of line at all. She didn't take sides at all. I was on that night at the same time she was, and I saw her posts. If I'm allowed to be honest, her posts pale in comparison to some of the other posts in that thread, and a lot of those people weren't banned or given warnings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
Okay, I honestly want to know. Kim said some hateful things about you on other boards and asked for help. how is that different? this isn't an "attack" on Kim. I just would like to know the double standard. not everyone who was banned were on the boards where she asked for help either. I honestly just want to know and I won't pester or ask again. This is my one time asking.
It is a double standard. That's all I'll say about that.

My Uncle used to tell me life ain't a circus, either, when I'd say life isn't fair. I guess that advice applies to this, too.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #45
jabba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
The decison has been made, Lee answered truthfully and their really is no more to it. I am sorry some of you feel it's not fair but the need to continue to ask the same questions that have been answered will not change what has been explained by Lee.
The problem is he's answered a different question than the one that's being asked.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #46
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

Could it be the "uproar" for these mama's isn't as grand as it was for Kim.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #47
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amegrl520 View Post
Could it be the "uproar" for these mama's isn't as grand as it was for Kim.
I think people are too afraid to express frustration for fear of banning/strikes.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #48
mum2dandcait
Registered Users

I'm still a saddened by the "hateful mamas" comment. I'm really struggling to understand the need for that.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #49
mum2James&Julia
Registered Users
Formerly: mum2James&Bean
seller

My Mood:

dirtdartwife, I agree with everything you said.

I need the gory details, otherwise I feel creeping suspicions coming on. This whole situation doesn't make sense, and it hurts my head. Why was Cherie banned (and a couple others)? There must be something else that happened that we didn't see, otherwise it really doesn't make sense. Until that mystery is solved, I know I'll be disappointed at the state of DS and won't feel like justice is being done.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #50
cassondruh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

onlygirl wasn't a hateful mama, not that I ever saw... in fact, I think she brought a lot of light to the board with her good humor. I enjoyed reading her posts because she was funny and understanding. but I don't think even she understands why she was banned. nor do I, not that it's any of my business...
I don't want to get caught up in drama, so I'm trying not to, but there are a lot of things that happened this week that really changed the community of this entire forum and my outlook...
I'm scared to speak up, honestly, because I am a WAHM, have a business reputation, and enjoy coming to this board for business as well as meeting/talking to knowledgeable mamas. I also come here when things along the home front aren't going well, as I don't have a close knit group of "real life" friends. as some of you know, there was a death in my family a couple weeks ago, and I took some time off from my business to focus on my baby girl and family. when I needed some "adult conversation" I came here, for the humor and the support.
some of the very people who were caring enough to help me to laugh during my hard time were banned, and they don't even know why. I don't either.
I doubt I'm saying anything different than what anything else has said already... but it does sadden me that the vibe seems to be "well, what's gone on is over and done with" because I don't feel that is true with some of the mamas who were banned without a real explanation.

the mamas who were out of line, were out of line, period. and it would be lack of common sense to think that they deserve an explanation (because I think inside, they know why they were banned)... but for the mamas who don't know why, and were just at the wrong place at the wrong time...?
why wont their cases be revisited?
I'm sorry some innocent mamas were lumped into one big group. I hope in the future, that I don't get lumped into a group, because there are a few mamas who I do enjoy talking with on here. But their actions are not mine. They are individuals, as am I....

but anyway. I'm losing my train of thought here... just wanted to point a few things out, as an innocent bystander. I guess.
Closed Thread