Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #11
J3nn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wahm made vs factory made dipes

To be honest I am still prefering FBs over several WAHM pockets that I have tried. I like the deign and concept ideas on many of the WAHM dipes over my FBs, but they FBs have still never failed us and some WAHM dipes have. But, I keep trying them. I also have a hard time spending more for dipes than the $14 I paid for my FBs even though they arent nearly as cute as the WAHM dipes most make.

My mom is currently experimenting with making me some pockets. Hopefully those work out for us. Once she figures out a good pattern, I plan on sewing some of my own and getting rid of some FBs.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #12
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

I really prefer WAHM when I buy (which is like never )

Mass produced diapers are kind of "plain" and boring looking.

WAHM dipes have character.

I think that most of the WAHMs quality control is MUCH better than FBs quality control too!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer WAHM dipes too, but I'm one to shop at little Mom and Pop stores or eat at small local restaurants instead of national chain stores or restaurants.

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #14
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like some of both. I have gotten some WAHM diapers that just dont work. I dont know what the problem is . I have some kushies and they just about never leak for us. They arent as beautiful as some diapers I have seen but to me, reliability is my top concern. Bum-Wares are super reliable WAHM diapers, we LOVE those .
Old 09-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
maman
Registered Users
seller

I like the concept of WAHM, but feel uncertain how to handle "quality" issues because it's a mom working at home with her kids, KWIM? When I get something I think was quickly run off with no attention to the details, it really riles me, but dh says she probably needs the money more than we do and I shouldn't bring up my issues.

Well, if I wanted to do charity I would donate to the raffles on HC! (Which I do, thank you!) But if I pay a mom who is advertising her goods, I just think that she would want to be extra careful with quality.

Now, this has only happened twice, and I have tons more stuff that I love and am so impressed by the WAHM talent out there!

We always buy WAHM stuff now, since I don't like to buy from the big guys. I bought some FB used and off ebay, but they don't give me the warm fuzzy feeling WAHM products do.

Plus, big manufacturers don't include fabulous unexpected extras like a cloth wipe or some wool wash!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #16
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i dont own much of factory ones but i like WAHM better. they are cutier and made with love!
daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #17
diaperfest
Registered Users

My Mood:

i like both, but do find my WAHM dipes (especially the fitteds) edging out my factory made ones.
diaperfest is offline   Reply With Quote