Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
happycmpr
Registered Users

Your favorite wool? Some ?'s in my quest to switch

Being new to the world of wool and all, I am really trying to look into so many different brands of wool covers and such.

What is your favorite wool soaker, wrap, shortie, longie? And favorite Nighttime wool?

Also, how many covers are enough? Or...hah, wait. I know this one....'you can never have too many', right?!?!

Id love to hear all of your choices on what you like best!!

Andrea

Advertisement

happycmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
lorrinwagner
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: Your favorite wool? Some ?'s in my quest to switch

I just got into wool myself and so far I LOVE IT! I have a babyology soaker that we use for naps. It works great with the right amount of stuffers with it. I also have 3 babyology longies. These are perfect for night as you don't have to use pajama bottoms. We live in Florida and they don't seem to hot to me and no complaints from my son. We also have a Bumpy cover - on the larger size for a small - my 21 month old son can fit into the small without any problems. I have used this for day trips and car rides. It doesn't seem to wick much or hardly at all so I think it is really good for car rides and is pretty trim (although not very pretty or super soft, but very practical). We have a few Little Beetle covers and these are very soft and comfy while being very trim fitting. They feel like cotton and are so cute. They fit over most other things pretty good since they have a ton of stretch. They don't wick too badly if you have air moving, in the car they seemed to wick pretty much only where the car seat was touching them. When I read other reviews, most people like the Little Beetles the most, for the softness and trimness. They are two layers so pretty good. I haven't tried them overnight so couldn't comment on that. Hopefully this helps. Good luck.
lorrinwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your favorite wool? Some ?'s in my quest to switch

i have an aristocrats , but it has lost its stretch pretty much, althought they're nice at first.

I use a lot of wool from Butterflybunz.com...beeps, the owner, makes stuff to fit my weird little guy.

She makes recycled longies, shorties, and soakers for a great price($10-$12), and houdini wraps for escape artists.

She makes some of the best fitteds i've ever handled.

Give her a try..you'll be glad..
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i love Little Liam (milkondemand here) longies-they are what i use for nighttime

www.theroyalewe.com is yet another GREAT WAHM(shories already made and longies coming)

www.littlelandings.com Angie is super super easy to work with and nice! i was tester for her boy shortie sets and i have a set coming and another custom longies (new patteren) being made!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've seen a lot of ladies post on here that they like their butterflybunz wool items.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Sophiasmomma

Of course Im alittle biased .. But I do really love and stand behind crochet wool.. Its alot thicker than knit and holds up really well esp for heavy wetters and overnights. I also like recycled longies for cheap because paying 9-15 dollars for a pr I can let me DD play outside in them and not be nervous that shes going to stain or rip them. Of course you can never have too many but IMO if you have 4 wool covers or wraps and maybe 3-4 longies you should be just fine for using wool all the time
Old 09-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #7
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love our Aristocrat soaker shorts and longies (have 1 of each). They are stretchy, but that has been great bc my DS has been on the chunkier side. We've been using the same Crat soaker shorts for 9 months now with no signs of growing out of them. I like them too because they offer great coverage so no leaks ever ever...

I also just got some Willy's Woolies shorties off DS and love them too. We're new to wool as well so I don't have too many other suggestions yet. Oh, we did have some Little Beetle soaker shorts and they were SO trim and soft and nice, but they never fit my guy because his legs are so thick. But, if they would fit for you guys they seemed worth the $ to me!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:04 PM   #8
Youngatheart
Registered Users
seller

We love our Loveybums Wrap...it's trim, works well, and fits really nicely over trifolded prefolds...I like to use it when we go shopping.

At night, I like to use longies. I have one I bought on FSOT (don't know the brand...but it's nice and thick and has a frog on the bum...we call it our "green frog longies") We use it almost every night. And I have one that I made out of a sweater, and it works well, too.

Flat/Prefold-loving Grandma to five beautiful LOs
!!! I'm so excited...Emma Grace is here...born Nov. 26, 2014 !!!
!!! Welcome Luke David(10/18/08) & Loriana Malise(10/21/08) !!!
Patiently waiting for future grandbabies
Youngatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
Dawnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hands down, my favorite covers are my Fuzbombs. Fuzbombs are absolutely 100% bulletproof. They are our choice for nighttime or longer trips in the car, or high compression times like in the wrap at a soccer or hockey game. For pull on soakers I really have been happy with the quality and inexpensive-ness of Babyology. We have several Babyology longies and like them, they fit more like leggings than pants. I like BJM (Kozydesigns) too, I'm so excited to get mine from a co-op at the Pin. I have several WAHM knit soakers/shorties, and jersey covers. I'm loving my Belladonna shorts right now. What I really don't like: stacinators. The colors run and they just not reliable.

Last edited by Dawnn; 09-18-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Dawnn is offline   Reply With Quote