Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #141
gvroach
CEO of Baby Waste Management
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I think its been made clear that the gavel is pounded, final decision made. Mods aren't responding onthis post anymore and clearly Lee isn't going to either, so we are justt alking to each other. I think its a done deal, personally.
But they are reading it, you can be sure of that!

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #142
gvroach
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
There is not possible way for me to thank EVERYONE personally, which is why I put it in my siggy....

but there are a few people that are saying HORRIBLE things about me on a blog and.....

Had they not called me the things that they called me for returning to DS and had they fought for me in an adult manner, and had they not told me that I used my recent miscarriage for sympathy.... they would have been thanked. But all my respect for them went out the window when they said what they said

True, it would be hard to thank everyone. But I maintain you need to take a more active roll in helping bring back unfairly banned mamas. You are so outspoken in general, so its not about being scared to do so, is it? I could certainly understand if you didnt want to be banned again, but if thats the case, I would like to think youd take the risk, just to do whats right.

I also find your avatar and siggy to be somewhat stirring the pot.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #143
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
There is not possible way for me to thank EVERYONE personally, which is why I put it in my siggy....

but there are a few people that are saying HORRIBLE things about me on a blog and.....

Had they not called me the things that they called me for returning to DS and had they fought for me in an adult manner, and had they not told me that I used my recent miscarriage for sympathy.... they would have been thanked. But all my respect for them went out the window when they said what they said

When you put your private life out there on the internet along with all its gory details, you open yourself up for public discussion. Sorry but if you do not want to be discussed, then stick with your friends in real life or email. The internet is a public place.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #144
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvroach View Post

I also find your avatar and siggy to be somewhat stirring the pot.
Im sorry you feel that way, however my avatar is my HC store's congo. and my siggy is the thank you that everyone is saying I didn't do.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #145
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I guess since a new thread has been started for the banned members and this one is spinning off in all kinds of dramatic directions, I won't feel bad about jumping back in here. I'm sorry if this post seems long winded or if I over explain in places, know that it is because I want to make sure that I'm not confusing anyone as I'm running on little sleep here and also currently dealing with lengthy emails between myself and Ms. Charge back scammer extraordinaire ()

Quote:
In a few of Lee's responses he made reference to stuff that was happening on other forums. I honestly cannot recall which threads and which mamas, and Im too tired to use the subpar search feature on here to find out.

But please believe me, it is true.

from what I saw on DS with my own eyes, I thought what Lee was referring to when he made reference to other forums and "premeditation" were some attacks on him personally as in his views/values/personal life, that were posted HERE ON DS and had absolutely nothing to do with Diaperswappers. Even I, having not been to any boards but DS, could tell these were pretty cheap shots that seemed to be "premeditated" or planned in some way to attack Lee's character and therefore rally people against him and against DS. I would assume that those are the only instances in Which Lee could/did assume that there was some "planning" going on at other boards, though how or if he knew which specific boards they were coming from is beyond my knowledge, and I would really hope that nobody was banned based on hearsay from other boards. I saw a few of the threads attacking Lee and I know that people who posted them were immediately banned, and rightly so in my opinion.

Quote:
Also Ooey, youre right, it really doesnt matter what Kim said on other forums. She was pissed off for being banned, and spot on about it. Here is the point, its very simple: She went onto other forums and asked people to come onto DS and speak out for her. Many people did so. Some did it for her, some did it just to fix broken rules, some did it for both.
Honestly I think that was the wrong thing to do, and definitely not something I would do if in her shoes. It only seems fair that with all these new rules some kind of rule against directing others to DS for the sole purpose of starting trouble, ganging up on someone, or speaking out against the DS staff would be warranted. IMO this is trolling. But, again since there is no way for DS staff to moderate or be held responsible for knowing what is being said on other forums, there is no way a rule like that could be enforced. Instead all they can do is ban people who appear to be trolling, as in people showing up in heated threads and arguing, disrespecting, spamming etc..which is what I think happened to a lot of or at least some of the mamas that were banned.

So do I think it was right for the Lee/DS staff to ban those people? Absolutely yes...was it right for Kim to go over to other forums and ask people to come here and start stuff...no not really, but it's not something that she can technically be banned here at DS for doing. If people have problems with her for the way she has acted, I think they should 100% confront her about them and try to work it out. But doing it in public is not going to help anyone, it's only going to make Kim feel attacked and therefore less likely to be responsive. It's also getting really old and hard to watch Kim being treated pretty poorly, a lot of the comments people have made to her, in this thread especially are things that IMO should never have been said.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #146
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Im sorry you feel that way, however my avatar is my HC store's congo. and my siggy is the thank you that everyone is saying I didn't do.
Not be rude or anything, but on the blog u asked people to stick up for you, yet you wont do the same for them . Not very nice if you ask me.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #147
mum2dandcait
Registered Users

from what I saw on DS with my own eyes, I thought what Lee was referring to when he made reference to other forums and "premeditation" were some attacks on him personally as in his views/values/personal life, that were posted HERE ON DS and had absolutely nothing to do with Diaperswappers. Even I, having not been to any boards but DS, could tell these were pretty cheap shots that seemed to be "premeditated" or planned in some way to attack Lee's character and therefore rally people against him and against DS. I would assume that those are the only instances in Which Lee could/did assume that there was some "planning" going on at other boards, though how or if he knew which specific boards they were coming from is beyond my knowledge, and I would really hope that nobody was banned based on hearsay from other boards. I saw a few of the threads attacking Lee and I know that people who posted them were immediately banned, and rightly so in my opinion.

I didn't see any of this on the board but I've read some of it on the drama thing and that information is all readily available through google. Same as it is for any of us that have our names out there. I'm pretty sure noone had been researching him and waiting for the perfect opportunity to pounce on him.
As a matter of fact when I googled myself I was shocked to see an auction that I had won...now I am hoping that my dh never decides to google my name
Old 03-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #148
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Even I, having not been to any boards but DS, could tell these were pretty cheap shots that seemed to be "premeditated" or planned in some way to attack Lee's character and therefore rally people against him and against DS.
I honestly don't want to get banned, but I hope I'm tiptoeing around here just enough to be able to say this...

May I ask what makes you think this were premeditated? Also, what defines premeditation? Do you mean it was formulated by a group of people even before the "poof" thread was originated? I personally think the only way it could've even been misconstrued as premeditation is by the fact that Kim rallied these people via provoking some old "issues" that already existed just a couple days before it all went down. She actually claimed that the banning was premeditated by the mods here at DS, which sounded ludicrous to me.... at first. A whole (some would say convenient) banning of "hateful mamas" and then her reinstated as a member here--with no consequence--and many people are singing a different tune now. This wouldn't have happened, though, if Kim hadn't gone to them for help. I remember, and I'm sure you all saw it, people relaying what Kim was saying on the "poof" thread. Well, that was accurate, just minus a lot of swearing.

Again, this is why people are upset over this. It's not that she came back to DS (most thought she would when her ban was up, be it 3 hours or 3 months)...it's that she was welcomed back, seemingly without repercussions, and they're not. Maybe you think this is fair because she wasn't belligerent on these particular boards. Me myself, I would rather have members that spoke their minds to my face.

Finally, have you really not been to any other boards? Personally, if I were (as I am) putting my opinion out there, I would want to know the whole story as told by all sides before designating members' intentions.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #149
cassondruh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like her ^^^^

Jubilee
Old 03-17-2008, 06:17 AM   #150
gvroach
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Honestly I think that was the wrong thing to do, and definitely not something I would do if in her shoes. It only seems fair that with all these new rules some kind of rule against directing others to DS for the sole purpose of starting trouble, ganging up on someone, or speaking out against the DS staff would be warranted. IMO this is trolling. But, again since there is no way for DS staff to moderate or be held responsible for knowing what is being said on other forums, there is no way a rule like that could be enforced.
Youve misunderstood. No one is saying there should be a rule that if you talk trash on another forum, you should be banned here. Thats not the point of the post, just the backstory as to how mamas got all involved.
Closed Thread