Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
katmarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help Me Get The Most Bang For My Buck

DS will soon be growing out of his size 0 Kissaluvs and small FBs, and I am trying to figure out where to go from here. We hope to have two or three more babes down the road, so I'm trying to figure out what the most cost effective approach will be for us.

I was thinking about going with OS (we like the one BG we have). That way we don't have to buy DS more diapers, but I'm wondering, by the time number 2 comes along, will DS pretty much have done them in? How are your BGs holding out over the long run?

If I hope to use DS's dipes for the next babe, would I be better off going with sized dipes so they don't get so much wear, even though I'd be spending more money this time around? FBs have been working well for us - I just can't believe how quickly this guy grows. I feel like we'll be shelling ou the $$ every few months for him!

Advertisement

katmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
mathlady
Registered Users

Re: Help Me Get The Most Bang For My Buck

For what it's worth, medium FBs last a LONG time... DS was in them at 2.5 months, and we just got some petite toddlers a month ago -- at 14 months! He could have gone longer in the mediums, although the rise is getting pretty short, but I wanted to get the next size before the price hike.

I don't know about BG lasting.

sharon
mathlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
PeanutButt
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlady
For what it's worth, medium FBs last a LONG time
Old 09-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Well... medium FBs can last a long time, it depends on how your child grows. DS never really fit right in his, and he had outgrown the rise in them way before he outgrew the width. I love our BGs for the very reason that they are so much more adjustable. (We have the fleece ones, BTW, because DS can't handle suedecloth.) How well they hold up kind of depends how you wash/dry them and how often they are used, etc. They don't stay as new-looking as FBs, but the fit on them is great and DH loves them because they're easy for him to figure out. I don't think they would hold up through two kids, but, then again, I don't know how many pockets really would, KWIM? They probably would last you until PLing, which is great, but they wouldn't look pristine by that point, either.

If you are looking at OS fitteds, I absolutely love Swaddlebees OS fitteds. They are trim and fit great. Even snapped down on its smallest setting, they are pretty trim. I only have one (they are pricey!), but I would love more! As for absorbency, a doubler is included for you to snap in when it is on the largest setting, but I turn mine around backwards and use it as a lay-in doubler on the medium setting for my DS, and it works great!! Mutts OS are great, too, but much bulkier on a newborn/tiny babe.

Of course, bear in mind that these opinions come from the mama of a mega-chunker babe! He has grown so much that he practically skipped mediums and went straight to larges in some cases.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if your into fitteds, try the mutt OS, I LOVE them!!! I also like Hip Baby's OS. (they are canadian based IIRC) and only 8.50 NEW!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you could always try a semi fittied, like a KL contor or snappi terry fitted. They are pretty cheap IMO and because you use a snappi or pins to do them up, they are tottaly adjustable for sizes.

I dont have any for myself yet, and I've only been cding ds for 3mths now, so I don't know how they hold up.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use alot of me os but I find them bulky. The pt fb I bought when he 9 months still fits him and is in circulation. I know wonderoos has crappy elastic and gave out after several months.