Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #11
T the Terrible Two
Re: 2nd Birthday Party....issues

For my DS's 2nd birthday we got him a pair of Crocs LOL. He was thrilled, he loves his Crocs, and we knew that my MIL and my mom were going to get him a few things also anyway. Honestly he didn't even really care about opening his presents, he just wanted to run around. This past Christmas (a few months before his b-day) we did get him a lot of stuff and had to space the presents out over the whole day, and we agreed in the end that it was probably too much and he was a little overwhelmed. At 2, they are not going to know the difference IMO. Happy birthday to your little one!

Robyn, Mommy to T , wife to Shawn TTC #2!!!
PeanutButter'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:13 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DS is only 4 mo, so I do not have any "mommy experience"...but I do have my own experiences.
Want to know what I remember most about my birthdays? I remember being excited that it was one whole day with Mom when I could "call the shots". I got to eat a breakfast cereal that was usually on the "banned" list (i.e. Cocoa Puffs), we would go out to lunch together (a rare treat from a single Mom) and then I got to pick what we had for dinner. I think I would usually get one gift with a card. I dont remember any of the gifts, but I do remember the excitement of seeing a very pretty package waiting for me when I woke up.
I think we have gone waaaayyyyy overboard as a society in providing "stuff" for our kids or for having extravagant birthdays...just my opinion.
Wife to my best-friend Dan and a AP, BW, no more vaxing, combat-boot-clad Army Mama to my sweet baby-boy Ian (11/10/07)
sarahohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #13
Emma and Natalie's mommy
Registered Users
My Mood:

i was pregnant with dd2 when dd1 turned 2 and honestly we didn't get her anything.....She's 2 and didn't know the difference, and i was still feeling like crap and just did not get to the store in time. Unless there is something that your ds has been wanting for a while now i wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure he will get more than enough from the grandparents.
Erika mommy to Emma and Natalie bonus mom to Grace and Maddy
Emma and Natalie's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote