Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you handle LYING!!!

This is 100% not accpetable here, as i am sure it is not in your homes either. BUT my dd KG teacher just called and said my dd reported a bite case today. She was bit retty badly last week, and the kid drew blood on her and i raised H**L! Well hte teacher tells me that she said she was bit, but she cant get a strait story out of her and said she didnt see anything...
I KNOW she lied.. She has been lying alot lately, and i dont know what to do. She lies to get attenetion. and i KNOW that about her. I didnt want to tell her teacher that she is likely lying, becaseu i am afraid they will think she is lying all the time, but i had to say it is a possibility. I already think the teacher is not a fan of me or my dd, so i am sure this is NOT helping...

So how do you curve a 5yo from lying???
HELP!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: How do you handle LYING!!!

Rachele just got an "If Then Chart" . It deals with lying on there and we handle it the same. Give her a call and ask her about it.

That is at the top of our "not tolerated" list in our home as well!!

HTH

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annes_cottage
Rachele just got an "If Then Chart" . It deals with lying on there and we handle it the same. Give her a call and ask her about it.

That is at the top of our "not tolerated" list in our home as well!!

HTH

i woudl agree.. I LOVE my if then chart.. is has been a huge huge huge help in this area and in the complaining and whining area too... its really awesome! Call me and I can show you
Old 09-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i would love to see this. is there a website?
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont know, but i just talked to Rachele, and she is bringing hers over to me tomorrow night. I am excited!!!! I need to do something...
Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

somebody please post that chart
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

go to www.doorposts.net

You can look under charts I think.
**And just to let you know the chart contains scripture refferences. Just in case someone isn't interested in biblical refferences.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr

Last edited by annes_cottage; 09-19-2006 at 07:27 PM.
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

that looks so cool! i think i may get one
Old 09-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #9
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I often wondered how to deal with this if our future children did it...I lied A LOT as a child mostly to avoid being spanked...we got spanked a lot and I hated it and it seemed everything landed us getting spanked, and I also knew if we were found to be lying it meant 10 more spankings!...but I often took this risk to potentiall avoid all spankings...
As for Taiven he is the exact Opposite, he tells on himself about everything, I mean his teacher could have written inhis journal that he had a great day and he will say he got sent off the mat at aikido (because even if his teacher does not think this is unacceptable it is one of our rules to respect and listen and not inturrupt at aikido) and he then gets his punishment...there are days his teacher does not have time to write in the journal and he tells us anything he may have done, he also has told on himself for saying shut up (even if its while playing by himself in his own room) I don't punish him for that but I thank my lucky stars he is the exact opposite of me...
I guess what I would do is get books that talk about lying, the boy who cried wolf is a HUGE influence on why Taiven tells the truth. Books have helped us in other areas with Taiven...he is often very bossy or lazy (won't get things himself or wants others to do things for him he can do himself) and will be a poor sport...so we got books about it and he really understood them and changed his ways and everytime we have issues with those topics or any topic we get a book or tell him ways that it would effect him, like saying you know would you like it if you were playing tag and everytime you were about to tag someone they yelled time out wouldn't that frustrate youa nd make you not want to play...(being an only child he has to learn social things at school and this was one area he had trouble in was playing tag and the only way to get him to change his ways was to put him in their shoes)....
anyhow hope that helps...if it continues you can always contact a child therapist/phycologist for help in that area it may have a deeper root and they usually find it and they work wonders, they not only talk to her but they help you with tools on how to deal with and stop the lying.