Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: He bit me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
Dd started biting and she still doesn't have any teeth! But she would bite hard with her gums and really clamp down. I could tell when she was going to do it, when she was done nursing for food and just nursed a little longer for the heck of it. I would pull her off a little sooner so that she didn't get to that point, and if she did bite smooshing her into my boob didn't help at all. I finally got her to not bite by flicking her cheek enough to startle her but not hurt her, saying NO loudly, and setting her down and turning my back on her for a few minutes. I'm hoping by the time she cuts teeth she won't do it at all.
Mine doesn't have teeth yet either, but he can just about bite the darn thing off! Taking him off the breast has not worked for me, I've even taken it away for an entire day with no luck. For me, when he bites I tell him "no" in a real firm voice and that usually stops him.

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #12
AmyCivic80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter got her first two teeth when she was 4 1/2 months old and at 10 1/2 months she now has 9 teeth (working on the 10th now). Luckily (knocks on wood) she has only bitten me 2 or 3 times. I know they say not to react when they bite you, but when she bit me I jumped and it scared the crap out of her. She learned very quickly that when she bit me it made me jump and she hasn't done it since. Thank goodness!
Amy, wife to Greg and proud mommy to Cailin Avery (5/6/07), Kylie Elise (12/20/08), and baby #3 (due 10/11/11).
AmyCivic80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you put the teething gel on your n**ples a minute or two before you nurse, it will help deaden the pain to annoying when they latch.

Pulling DD into my breast did nothing but cause to her pull back which hurt me even more. I chose to lightly tap her cheek (didn't even leave redness) and said no. If she did it again, I took her off, but after a day or two of this, she didn't bite any more. Now if I see that look in her eyes, I tell her "don't even think about it!" and she gets back to business.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #14
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
Dd started biting and she still doesn't have any teeth! But she would bite hard with her gums and really clamp down. I could tell when she was going to do it, when she was done nursing for food and just nursed a little longer for the heck of it. I would pull her off a little sooner so that she didn't get to that point, and if she did bite smooshing her into my boob didn't help at all. I finally got her to not bite by flicking her cheek enough to startle her but not hurt her, saying NO loudly, and setting her down and turning my back on her for a few minutes. I'm hoping by the time she cuts teeth she won't do it at all.

Our babies have the same b-day! That is so cool!!! My Ry doesn't have teeth, either. But then my 4 year old didn't get teeth until he was 14-15 months old!!! And he was breastfed up until about a year old so it was nice.

My 7 mo clamped down on me last night and sat there with the nipple between his little gums grinning at me!!!! Needless to say he was put down lol. I am TERRIFIED of bf'ing with teeth since the one baby who bf'ed the longest didn't even get teeth until he weened.
Ryan- 8/07 , and Kyler- 11/09

~Homeschooling, cloth loving, green family~
KJ,AJ,&RJ'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote