Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #21
My Mood:
Re: WWYD? Re: pregnancy ending (in birth)

I think #2 is a good choice, that way your mom can be part of the birth as well as DH. It sounds like having your mom there is important to you and your mom, otherwise it wouldn't be as hard to make the decision. I am about to have my 3rd child, and this will be the second time I have delivered our baby while DH was away, he didn't get to meet or second DD until she was 3 mo and this baby will be about that age when he gets to see her as well. I think your DH and the baby will be ok, since he is going to be making these kinds of trips off and on anyway, KWIM. I think it would be good to let you mom see one of her grandbabies born.

I don't know how old your DD is but I wouldn't be so worried aobut how she handles it. My oldest DD was 3 the first time she spent the night w/o me. I worried that she wouldn't do well but she actually did just fine. When we left her it wasn't just for a couple of nights either or where she would still be able to see me, we took her to spend some time w/ the grandparents w/ DH and I went on a trip to Egypt for 2 weeks, of course she was excited about staying w/ her Grandma. Just play up her part of the trip and hopefully she will be excited about getting to be a big girl. Also, you may want to have baby brother get big sis a present for after the baby is born, you can tell her that he picked it out just for her. We did this for our Dd and it made her feel very special. I had her pick a gift to our new baby and then I got a gift for her as well. Just try to make her feel special as well so she doesn't feel left out of the excitement.

Good luck, hope you get to plan however you want, but we all know babies have a mind of there own. Oh, and for what it is worth, most Dr/MW would perfer a iduction midweek vs end of the week, because it means you will be home before the weekend. I don't know how your Dr/ MW feels about that but that has been my experience.

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote