Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ahhhhh just a little rant

My DD's Pediatric Neurologist called today, returning my call from last week he was on vacation, and he said that apparently we had an appointment with him today....

WHAT??

No our appointment with him, the only one since first seeing him in May this was the soonest we could get back in, is Nov 20th.

He said that somehow they had booked us an appointment for today also but he couldn't figure out how we didn't know about it.

Anyway he went on and chatted with me and answered my questions and was VERY helpful but it's just frustrating that somehow they had booked us an appointment that we didn't know about.

It's so hard to get appointments there, it's the Children's Hospital, and it's over 2 hours away so when we go we stay at the Ronald McDonald House overnight.

We have been really wanting to see him before Nov too but we know that it's next to impossible to get in so we didn't really try but now to know that somehow we had an opportunity that we didn't know about is just annoying.

So now we have to wait until Nov 20th which is after the new baby comes and 6 months after our first appointment with him, I probably won't be able to go because we will have the new baby and I will be BFing and I just can't see it happening.

Anyway just a little rant because my husband is teaching right now, he teaches at the University, so I can't talk to him until later.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Ahhhhh just a little rant

At least you were able to talk with the dr. I know it isn't the same as being in the office and seeing him but it is something. Sorry you miss the appt. even though you didn't know you had one. Maybe you can suggest next time that they make reminder calls a day or 2 ahead of time so that the same thing doesn't happen to others. That is what our Peds office does. I think it is nice, because sometimes you might remember what day but may forget exactly what time it is, KWIM. So it is nice to get a reminder
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Just out of curiosity? Why can't you take the baby with you? Can't you bf there?
Back OT... That really stinks big time mama... I'd be so frustrated right now if I was you too
Old 09-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I decided to call back and talk with the secretary to double check about our appointment in November and she said "Ummmm your appointment was today".

I said "No I have the appointment card right here and it says November 20th 10:30am".

She said no it was September 20th, the secretary girl who was on the day we made the appointment wrote down on the card everything right apparently exccept the month.

She got the month wrong she wrote Wednesday Nov 20 10:30am when it was actually Wednesday SEPT 20th 10:30am.

So anyway his main secretary was so upset that the girl made this mistake so she had to fit us in. Sooo now we have an appointment on October 4th at 10:30am.

At least we figured it out before going all the way down there in Nov only to find out that we didn't actually have an appointment that day.

Thank goodness I called to check.

Anyway we are happy that her app is in October now. Yay!