Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

Natural way to get AF to stop?!

Ok so DH and I are in "negotiations" about TTC. The problem right now is that the end of July I got my first PPAF and it hasn't stopped! Yeah, over a month now and it's driving me crazy! The same thing happened after I had DD, only it was so heavy that I couldn't leave the house. The only thing my OB did was put me on the pill, which worked a little but mostly made me sick. Obviously, if we start TTC I don't wanna be on the pill but I don't know what else to try

Advertisement

AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural way to get AF to stop?!

Ok, looked in my natural pregnancy book and it has a section on Menorrhagia (excessive menstrual flow). I am just going to copy what it says to help stop the bleeding.

Nutritional supplement recommendations:

1. There are several formulas that nourish the femal endocrine system. A formula containing the following herbs has proven beneficial for many women: chasteberry (vitex agnus castus), wild yam, dong quai, licorice, ginger, blue cohosh (may elevate blood pressure) or black cohosh, as well as liver supportive herbs such as dandelion, milk thistle, burdock and/or yellow dock.

2. several herbs have traditionally been used to halt uterine bleeding. the following herbs have demonstrated the ability to curb bleeding: shepherd's purse, yarrow, cayeene pepper (may stimulate bleeding later if not used in combination with a styptic herb such as shepherd's purse), bayberry. these herbs are contained in the HemHalt (trademark) by Mother's choice.

3. chlorophyll has long been used for bleeding because of its similar molecular structure to human blood. whether this is why chlorophyll works well in slwoing down bleeding or re-building blood supply after bleeding episodes is unknown. midwives have long used it in case of hemorrhage. 2-3 capsules daily or 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid daily.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:32 AM   #3
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

http://www.birthingherbs.com/laboranddeliveryherbs.html

If you scroll down in that link you will find the Hemhalt mentioned in my PP.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mama! I'm going to try some of the HemHalt and hopefully it'll work because this is torture!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttachedMama
Thanks mama! I'm going to try some of the HemHalt and hopefully it'll work because this is torture!
Oh good luck mama!