Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 PM   #1
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
My Mood:
Any sucess??

I know there are a lot of mamas on here with children really close in age. So my question is, has anybody sucessfully breastfed through pregnancy? I always hear that the babies wean b/c they don't like the taste once you're pregnant. I'm really excited and really hoping that I am, but I'm scared, too, because it's hard enough as it is to bf my DS (I have low supply and am already supplementing) and he's only 5 months old. I can't imagine him weaning so early.

Tiffani wife of Wes 11/16/02, Partner of Jamie and David
SAHM to Xander 4/5/06, Jaime 1/20/09,
and Malcolm 11/15/10
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:50 PM   #2
Goodness gracious he's hot!
My Mood:
Re: Any sucess??

Since hes so young you would stand a better chance than an older baby I think.

DD made it until about 4-5 months into my pregnancy, but I think she was just at that age where she was "done" (she was 20 months I think)

The hardest part is making sure to drink the water, getting through the nipple tenderness, and making sure to eat enough, but if you are dedicated I think you guys can make it through.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

if you were to be pregnant now you might have to supplement. Most likely your milk will dry up and he will be nursing for comfort. My DS weaned right after I got pregnant. But I have a girlfriend who's DD is 19 months and is still nursing and is about to have the baby anyday. But I think up until a bit ago she had very little milk and now she has colustrum
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Registered Users

I know lots of women who nursed all through their pregnancy! Milk only dries up in *some* women - that's not the norm, though. Your milk *will* change to colostrum when you are about 5 months pregnant, and some babies don't like the taste, but others have no problem with it. If your baby decides he doesn't like the taste and weans, you can always see if he wants to tandem nurse once the new baby comes!
Blessed with a Godly husband since 7/4/02
Natural birthing, baby wearing, babyfood making, cloth diapering, breastfeeding mama to Ian 11/20/05
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote