Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #31
mikahsmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Really strange question about BFing....

I only nursed DD for 1 week, but DS is at 8.5 months and still going strong. I've been back to work since he was 10 weeks so pumping is a pretty regular thing for me. I don't have TOO much extra milk, but I have been known to give DD some on occasion - like if she's getting sick or if we run out of cow's milk and can't get to the store until the next day (she REQUIRES milk at bedtime!). I'm just finally getting to the point where I'm regularly producing more than DS drinks while I'm gone - a good 2-3oz extra a day - and I'm starting to build up a small freezer stash. If it's ever in danger of going bad you can bet I'll offer it to DD first. She says it's really yummy!

Oh and Indianapolis has a new milk bank that accepts donated milk and you only have to have 100+ ounces. I don't have that kind of milk, but one of my friend's is donating. Here's the link if anyone's nearby and interested...
http://www.clarian.org/portal/IMMilkBank

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
halyled
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfitz5051
Doesn't anyone find it more strange that we all drink milk from a cow? I'm sure way back it was perfectly normal.
Yes, I think it's VERY strange. I drink it, but when I get to thinking about it...ew.

I think if people had to get it directly from the cow instead of the plastic jugs at the local grocery, less people would drink it.

Especially if they drove by pastures and saw the bulls fondling the cows' udders from time to time.

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:34 AM   #33
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've given pumped milk to older kids. Especially if they have any cold symptoms. For the bigger kids I mix fresh-pumped with tea