Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy
My Mood:
Re: Still no crawling

DS didn't crawl until 8 months and then walked at 10 months. My nephew crawled at 10 months -- I think he was just such a big roly poly boy it was harder for him to get moving.

My daughter on the other hand started crawling at 6 months, but is just now walking in the last few days (turning 1 tomorrow). So DS had a very short crawling phase and she had a long one.

And the rolling over thing -- I think 4 months is a lot more normal for that than 6 weeks.

momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #22
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
My Mood:

Don't worry! As many other posters have shown with their own experiences, every baby is different! My oldest didn't crawl until shortly after turning 9 months old, but then she walked by 10 months! My youngest is now 7 months old and she JUST learned to roll over and is nowhere near true crawling yet but she doesn't seem to mind. I know it was frustrating with my first because she had playmates who were crawling at 6 months old! But, then that same playmate didn't walk until 15 months. It just depends on the baby...
Heather, wife to James & mommy to:
Jaden (8.06), Mara (8.07), Fenn (5.09),
Elias (7.10), & Levi (11.11) 80lbs lost!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #23
Keepin' it Crunchy!
My Mood:

DD is 7 months and will sit if I sit her. She doesn't crawl or turn over. I think she has turned over all of 5 times since she was 4 months old. I'm not worried, since she is developing great motor skills with hand-eye coordination, grasping, reaching, etc.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #24
Registered Users

Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Crawling is not even actually considered a milestone by the pediatric board. It's not necessary for a child to crawl to be normal. I know, we all get in our heads how our children should be and when they don't fit that picture we think something is wrong. And yes, I know, sometimes something is.

And crawling "early" doesn't necessarily mean anything, either. My son was crawling by 7 months but wouldn't walk unaided until he was 17 months. He's perfectly normal.
I completely agree with this. Plus, I've known several kids who skip crawling altogether because they're more interested in being on their feet.

I wouldn't worry about it, mama.
ashes2stars is offline   Reply With Quote