Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2006, 03:30 AM   #1
gsun3
Registered Users

Question what to do? DD is sick I think???

she had her 2month shots on tuesday & on tuesday I started feeling sick - so now she has green stool & crying her head off/not sleeping normally/wanting to nurse every hour & throwing up .. I myself have had dirreaha/slight fever/ahey/painful stomach ..so do I stop BF while this is going on? & use previous milk????

problem is I have no clue if she has an infection, or because I had a glass of milk on tuesday -did I eat something bad ? is it the flu from her visit to the doc from other kids ??? or because I tried the 15min on each side boob routine which I hear will make it where it lack the fatty milk - LIVE & LEARN

anyone have this before - GREEN STOOL oh I did not eat anything green etiher - I have lost my appetite

Advertisement

gsun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what to do? DD is sick I think???

No, nurse through it. Babies stools do change from time to time. Mine did. Sometimes it was green, yellow, mustardy, light yellow. It changes.

Her being sick is probably not something you ate but a reaction to the shot or she has stomach flu. Both of which will pass.

When you or baby are exposed to something, she gets antibodies from you. That is the blessings of breast to mouth nursing. When she nurses, her spit it transferred from her to you and tells your body what to make special so that she gets better faster. I know you probably feel crapy but just nurse her a lot so that she doesn't get dehydrated.

YOU drink lots of fluids and give baby lots too (just BM) pedilite is not necessary and may decrease milk production.

You should probably let your dd nurse as long as she wants on each side before switching. More the reason that she will not gain weight if she doesn't get any hind milk. And you don't want to have the Dr. pestering you about weight...

I say stay in bed. Get fluids and nurse! HTH! Start to feel better. I had Stomach Flu several times in the first 6 months breastfeeding. And Dr. offices do tend to be danger zones as far as colds and such go.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:32 AM   #3
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/mom-illness.html
Old 09-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #4
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/mom-illness.html

Look a few paragraphs down where it talks about green stools.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

oh yes, you must nurse through it. Go to bed and keep your baby there too. You may notice your milk supply getting low the next few days if you are dehydrated but rest and drink plenty of water and gatorade when you are able. I hope you feel better soon mama!

pp is correct, your baby does not need anything but your breastmilk.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:28 AM   #6
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nursing is the BEST thing you can do for this. Green stool is just a sign of being sick. Nurse as often as possible.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
uk2usa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep nursing...The antibodies in BM gives your baby immunities. It will keep her hydrated too.
This happened to me and my DD too and I was pregnant!! Not pleasant.
Feel better
uk2usa is offline   Reply With Quote