Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 AM   #11
sarlstrick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lets talk about vaxing/non-vaxing/selective and delayed vaxing..

I am sure these insurance companies have alot to do with amount of injections that are given at each visit. I wonder if they still pay if we decide to do delayed vaxing, or if we decline against specific ones. Just wondering. I will still do what I feel is most beneficial to ds whether or not they pay. I will probably be getting the sears book, and perhaps the bock book as well to do more research.

Advertisement

sarlstrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:17 AM   #12
discodiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found the Dr Sears book very helpful we are going on the very delayed suggestions in his book actually we haven't done any of the vax's yet dd is 5 months, my pedi even told me when I informed of our plans that there are a couple vaxs that if not done at 2 & 4 months are pointless to get beyond that since they are basically infant vaxs that only pertain to things that infants are more prone to getting. so she will get 1 or 2 I am not sure at the 6month visit and then I will look at see what the 12month one is, sorry don't have the book in front of me. I think if anything really spreading them out would be helpful to do I just can't imagine giving so many shots to my pumpkin at one time
Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #13
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This whole delaying vaccines thing is so confusing at times! My dd had the recommended 2 and 4 month shots, but then I found out the risks. So, she's had none since then and she's a week shy of 9 months. My initial plan was to completely delay any shots until she's 2, just to be safe. Now, I am reading Dr. Sears' information on the web about alternate scheduling. I'm so confused...I want to do what's best for her, but it gets really hard to figure out exactly what that is!
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #14
russsk
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpayne27 View Post
I want to do what's best for her, but it gets really hard to figure out exactly what that is!
ITA. And that's why we don't vax at all. I'm not convinced that the benefits outweigh the risks. And with some vaxes, I don't see a benefit, period.
russsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I just ordered the Dr. Sears book.. thanks to all who recommended it!
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
critti710
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm with you on it being hard to figure out what the best option is. We have been researching this and I think I have mostly figured out what we want to do but it is confusing. And now I have to find a pediatrician who will be on board. I have an appointment next week with a doc we've heard great things about to see what his stance is and if he's not open to what we want, I guess we'll keep looking from there.

DD had all of the recommended vaccines - I was totally uninformed and had no idea it might not be a good idea. I do not think she has suffered any ill effects from them, but she did get the chicken pox last year after having had the vaccination and it was very frustrating because what she had didn't look like CP at all and we didn't suspect CP since she had been vaxed so she went to school and daycare for several days before we figured out that's what it was and exposed her daycare teacher, who was pregnant and wasn't sure if she'd ever had CP.

Last edited by critti710; 03-31-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: It's good to finish typing before hitting "reply."
critti710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 AM   #17
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dd1 was fully vaxxed and is fine (well, fine as far as that stuff goes, lol). Dd2 I just made the switch to selective vaxxing at 6 months, using the Dr Sears selective schedule plus polio. We'll be going in next month to just get the polio & prevnar, and then really nothing else for quite a while. Wooooot.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote