Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #31
ttatink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any tips on trying for boy?

OK so here's what I did:

DD#1 we didn't care what we had, just wanted a healthy baby (had a m/c before getting her) and we had sex from AF to ovulation and a few days after (I chart). 9 months later (thereabouts) healthy little girl.

DD#2 we wanted a boy so I tried the diet and we again had sex from AF to a few days after ovulation. Again, roughly 9 months later, healthy little girl (and happy mama I might add, I wanted DD#1 to have a sister ).

This pregnancy I prayed for a boy in God's timing, not mine. He answered. We weren't trying and weren't as careful as we should have been (using NFP, which worked great when we didn't have sex around ovulation! ) so we ended up having sex the day before and of ovulation because my temp spiked so I thought I'd ovulated when I hadn't. Lo and behold, at our 20 week u/s last Friday we found out we're having healthy little boy. No question either, he was NOT shy!

As for position, didn't matter for us. It was all in the timing (and faith I might add).

Advertisement

ttatink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #32
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, I think it would be fun to try for one or the other, but I really think that some men just shoot one kind of bullet. My hubbys dad had all boys. 5 of them. We have had all girls ( that we know of, but baby might be a boy) and so that is 5. My brother has kids with 2 different women, all boys. My uncle has 5 kids with 3 differnt women, all boys. So I really think that some ppl jsut shooot boy bullets or girl bullets.
But I do think it would be fun to try all the differnt ways to get one or the other, but if you get the opposite you might be bummed out.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #33
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Quote:
but if you get the opposite you might be bummed out
No worries there. I would never be bummed out to have a healthy, happy baby. No matter what the sex is.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #34
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that is awesome you really dont care but jsut want to try for fun. My good freind is due the day after I was. and The day after I found out my baby died ( and she knew it becaseu she was there) she called me sooo upset becaseu that day she found out she was having a boy and she really wanted another girl. I was very blunt and said Ill trade you. I really wanted another girl too, but now i have a dead baby. and I wil take you healthy boy.
Some ppl jsut dont get it.
But as much as I wanted a girl this time, ( and really think the baby is a boy) next time I will care alot less about the sex and care alot more about making it to viablility and hopefully term....
Sorry if my post offended you. I jsut have lots of feeling right now about that with what i am dealing with.. and good luck and have fun trying for a boy!
Old 05-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #35
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

We weren't trying....but i believe the shettles? method...both my boys were conceived like right on o day...