Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #21
My Mood:
Re: Could fried food cause diarr/vomiting + fever?

I hope you feel better quickly!

Ali, mama to 3 amazing monkeys.
Enjoying every day with the love of my life
Selling NON TOXIC EVERYTHING (Yes, it's CD safe!)
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ugh...that seriously sounds like food poisoning or it could just be the flu. Have you tried sucking on ice? Whenever I am really sick to my stomach that is sometimes the only way I can get liquid into me.

And just because that restaurant is a major chain don't assume that some food doesn't slip through the cracks. I worked in the restaurant business for close to 10 years and I know sometimes questionable food is served...not on purpose but by accident. I've never done it, but other people get hired in the kitchen who aren't as knowledgeable. Some people really can't tell just by looking at food, touching or even sniffing it whether it is safe to eat or not. It is rather scary. Desperate kitchens will hire people with no skills just to have an extra body.

But anyways... I hope you are feeling better!
Happily married to my love, D. SAHM to Grace Marie (1-14-07) and Evelyn Rose (6-07-08).

Check out my FSOT Diapers! Small FB Covers Cheap Wool. I am currently looking for Large Pockets, especially SB and FB!
Alikat380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #23
S Starr
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thanks, mamas! No vomiting since 9:30 last night, and only one middle-of-the-night bout with diarrhea, so I'm HOPING I'm over it. At least some water stayed down (/went through), so I'm feeling okay about dehydration. Glad not to have to head in for an IV.... Oh, and DH is being soooo great -- he went in to work from 7:30-9:30 last night and found a colleague who'd teach his noon class today so he can come home extra early!

If this morning's pedialyte stays down, I'm going to try grapes and watermelon. If not, back to water. Ice is a good idea too.
Mama to E 3/06 and M 7/08

Last edited by S Starr; 04-07-2008 at 11:32 AM.
S Starr is offline   Reply With Quote