Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about your amby baby hammock!

They do! I sell them through Natural Family Boutique. I used an Amby with my daughter for a couple of months when she was a toddler and loved it. I found one at a consignment shop for $59 and bought it even though my daughter was 14 months because it was such a steal! (We sold it on ebay).

Anyway, they make a hammock that can be used up to 3 years and many people use it past that age. You actually hang it from the ceiling by hooks that you install in your ceiling but we are also looking at buying aftermarket frames so people don't have to install the hardware. This is what I'm getting for my next baby because they last so much longer and are sooo pretty. Here is a pic:

https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.co...ucts/5170.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapeyMom
My dd is still on Prevacid at 2.5 years old and I only wish they made a hammock for her age!

Advertisement

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want one BAD for this baby and starting to save up for it now...I also read from a few moms that they used it 18 months some even up to age 2 with the extra springs...Taiven could have used one of these I had no idea they were around when I had him he slept in his swing until 21 months (or in bed with me) because he needed to be upright...I wish more people knew about the amby hammock, I think it could do wonders for a lot of babies...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #13
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Amby for $59?!!! Wow!!!

I love the hammock in your store. That is beautiful!

A bit OT but I grew up in Papua New Guinea and that hammock reminds me of how they carry there babies http://www.flickr.com/photos/dramaqueennorma/145267434/ They hang the bags, called bilums from a tree limb or house post too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdensmommy
They do! I sell them through Natural Family Boutique. I used an Amby with my daughter for a couple of months when she was a toddler and loved it. I found one at a consignment shop for $59 and bought it even though my daughter was 14 months because it was such a steal! (We sold it on ebay).

Anyway, they make a hammock that can be used up to 3 years and many people use it past that age. You actually hang it from the ceiling by hooks that you install in your ceiling but we are also looking at buying aftermarket frames so people don't have to install the hardware. This is what I'm getting for my next baby because they last so much longer and are sooo pretty. Here is a pic:

https://www.naturalfamilyboutique.co...ucts/5170.aspx
Old 09-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #14
winodini
Registered Users

I would be soo lost without my amby! Such a life saver for a child with reflux!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #15
camdensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow - what an awesome picture!!! That is so neat.

Yep, I am so excited to have another baby just so I can have the happy hangup. Don't get me wrong I loved the Amby when we used it but they just outgrow it a lot quicker. My only other criticism of the Amby is that when my daughter used it (keep in mind she was 15 months and 23 lbs) when we rocked her in it the frame would lift off the ground a little bit. Now we had the newer spring that is ok for I think 30 lbs or something like that but it just seems like the frame isn't stable enough for that much weight. It also didn't stay still when she used the jump, jump feature.

I know $59 was such a steal! They originally had it marked for $89 but dropped the price because no one was even looking at it. I couldn't believe my luck. I almost felt bad when it sold for $200 online. It was the super deluxe package (infant - toddler) and had extra sheets, the snuggler thing and everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyP
Amby for $59?!!! Wow!!!

I love the hammock in your store. That is beautiful!

A bit OT but I grew up in Papua New Guinea and that hammock reminds me of how they carry there babies http://www.flickr.com/photos/dramaqueennorma/145267434/ They hang the bags, called bilums from a tree limb or house post too.

camdensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #16
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We looked at getting one for DD because she was sooo picky she would ONLY sleep if she was in someones arms for the first 6 months of her life.

But we just didn't have the $$$ for it.

I would totally get one for DS now too but again we don't have the 300.00+ that they go for here in Canada to get one.

Now I want one even more that everyone says they are so great.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #17
muppet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

baby isn't here yet but i did get one off of craigslist.com for $90! i jumped on that one. so do check around, sometimes you can get them a bit cheaper...
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

I got it today!! So far DD seems to like it Today has been a BAD day, DH and I went out to eat for his b-day last night and I had melted cheese on my chicken, DD has been so fussy, gassy, spitty, and not wanting to nurse today. I feel REALLY bad! I got the amby washed up and she is sleeping in it now.