Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PP mama cloth

Does anyone have any recommendations of what to get for PP mama cloth? Maybe some heavier pads for the first week or two and then something lighter? I am totally clueless as i've never used it before.

Also, do you put mama cloth in the wash with the diapers? OR is that gross?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: PP mama cloth

Oh crap! I forgot to get some of these or make them!

Well, I know to start I am not going cloth for ME but will use Depends (or something similar) to help contain messy, embarrassing gushes that I have experienced in the past, then move onto the pads.

I will watch for recommendations though!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I still have some of the pads left over from my son, the paper ones, which I might use the first day or two since I recall being very (TMI) clotty those days, like scary-the kind the nurse in the hospital wanted me to save (sketch). I don't wash them with diapers, I would wash them either alone or with my clothes. I'm sure you can, although I'm not sure that if you have torn pretty badly and have stitches, etc that it's the best idea to wash basically your "dressing" for it in something that is covered in fecal matter...I know diapers get clean, but it still might freak me out.

I would plan though on about 8 a day for the first 2 days at least, I know with the paper ones I went through one whole bag in 2 days, just because I changed it everytime I passed a clot. I plan on making some this time, I just need to get motivated!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
njbeachgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnegansMom View Post
I'm sure you can, although I'm not sure that if you have torn pretty badly and have stitches, etc that it's the best idea to wash basically your "dressing" for it in something that is covered in fecal matter...I know diapers get clean, but it still might freak me out.
Yeah. Ew.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
spiritbear_momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

as far as i have tried i was my cloth mama pads seperate when i had my twins in 2005,,,had a bucket behind toilet with vinegar water in it,,and tossed all in wash and rana rinse cycle then washed as i did my cloth diapers,,,,i just had basic pads that laid in panties,,,,,postpartum it was like folded prefolds ,,bulky but effective with fleece backing,,,so every momma different,,choices are huge atWAHM sites or make yourself ideas,,,
i am with baby#5 but 4th preg. and i see many momma who posted are still breastfeeding,,my DS is 15 mos and stopped last month after we had really bad flu all of us,,,,now so sad,,,,he stopped was so sick,,did not want breast or cup,,,,now milk gone,, just had to say congrast to you momma,,,14 mos,,,seems to be as far as i get with my lil ones twins same 14 mos,,then walked and walked away to fridge it seems,,,,,,
so to get off track,,,,,mama pads,, also depend on flow,,,my friend says her hemp are to swear by,,,so may try this time,,,
spiritbear_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I plan on trying these too and figure I'll get diff ones so that I don't have one type that I don't like kwim? I may try to make some if I get a snap press in time...

Did anyone use premie pf's the first few days? I was thinking about trifolding them and serging my old dozen for the first few days... maybe adding some pul behind the final fold. I figure these would be pretty absorbant.

I will just put them in a small container w/ water and then plan on using the water on some plants, I've heard it is very nutritional for flowers and such so the extra water I'll take out to the flower bed Then wash them alone.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote