Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:09 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: which pump is better?

My 11 mo old goes through about a large can 25 oz? every 8-10 days at daycare, but we also thin out her formula more than what the can says. HTH! The formula costs about $26/can

Wife to Derek Peter(one amazing daddy) and mama to four
It is not out of meanness or rudeness but it is not yours unless you ask for paypal address or you ask me to hold it for you because we are working on a deal. Asking for more pics does not mean we are in the middle of a deal
alisha_roseleip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #12
Registered Users

I have an Avent Isis duo which is great! I think if you are working full time a double pump would be the best investment to make. You really can't go wrong with Medela, Avent or Lansinoh/Ameda. They all make great double pumps.
Mama to a 6 yr old DD and squishy DD born in January
Lisa_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Lansinoh has a pump that's the same as the Ameda Purely Yours and it's only $149 at Walmart, which is really reasonable. I have a Avent Isis Duo and love it. I get way more with it than I did with my hospital grade Medela in a shorter amt of time. I've used it for almost 12mos and it's still going strong. Well worth the money.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by krickison View Post
Thanks everyone, I never thought to figure out the cost of formula while I am working. I am not sure it would be that much? I guess it would depend on if I could suplement. Does anyone know how much a 10 month old would go through? How many oz in a can..that sort of thing...I guess we are all BFers so it wouldnt surpise me if no one knew that...
There is a formula/bottle feeding forum now, they may be a good resource for you. I had to use formula with ds 1 and I bought his special kind (usually $35 a can) off of ebay for about $5 a can and that included shipping. THere was no other way we could have afforded it. I think we went through a can like every 2 to 2 1/2 days. Don't forget to add the nursery water, since you aren't supposed to use tap water. $$$ I DEFINITELY say its worth the $ to buy the new pump versus the formula. It will end up cheaper even though your daughter is already 10 months. hth
Karen Wife Of Nate Mommy Of Noah April 05 & Caleb March 08
mommyofnoah is offline   Reply With Quote